Thanks Thanks:  37
Likes Likes:  97
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The official 2017 TandT Who to Root for Thread

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Fire up the bunsen burner and melt the plastics!
    Did tgat at high school while the teacher was out of the classroom. Gee did that go down well.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The rooting has gotten very scientific all of a sudden!
    I like to say clinical and precise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I like to say clinical and precise

You always were a romantic at heart.

It's hardened up, that's for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Top 2 is out of reach now. Most we can get is 56 points. Adelaide already have 58. GWS & Richmond have 52 and Geelong has 50. Geelong play both GWS & Richmond, and would need to win both to stop GWS & Richmond getting to 56 but would then be on 58 themselves

If we win our remaining 3 games, the highest we can finish is 3rd, and the lowest we can finish is 6th. We are currently 7th and play Port who we would go past if we beat them

To pass Sydney we need them to lose one of Freo (H), Adel (A), Carl (H) so their R22 game against Adelaide is key
    To pass Geelong we need them to lose two of Rich (H), Coll (A), GWS (H), their R21 and R23 games are key
    To pass Richmond we need them to lose all of Geel (A), Freo (A), StK (A)
    To pass GWS we need them to lose all of WB (A), WCE (H), Geel (A)

Only 3 of those things can happen as Geelong play GWS & Richmond. If 3 happen we finish 3rd, if 2 happen we finish 4th, if 1 happens we finish 5th, if none happen we finish 6th

If we win 2 of our remaining games we get to 52 points. Adelaide, GWS & Richmond already have 52 so the highest we could finish is 4th. As far down as St Kilda can get to 52 points by winning their remaining games, however St Kilda play Melbourne next week so at least one won't get to 52, so the lowest we could finish is 10th

To pass St Kilda we need them to lose one of Melb (A), NM (H), Rich (A) OR win them all but not make up ~63 points on our percentage
    To pass Melbourne we need them to lose one of StK (H), BL (H), Coll (A), R21 v StK is key
    To pass West Coast we need them to lose one of Carl (H), GWS (A), Adel (H), R22 v GWS is key
    To pass Essendon we need them to lose one of Adel (H), GC (A), Freo (H), R21 v Adel is key
    To pass Sydney we need them to lose two of Freo (H), Adel (A), Carl (H), would need an upset in R21 or R23
    To pass Port Adelaide we need them to lose two of Coll (H), WB (A), GC (H), would need an upset in R21 or R23
    To pass Geelong we need them to lose all of Rich (H), Coll (A), GWS (H)

At least 1 of those things must happen with St Kilda playing Melbourne. If all 7 happen we finish 4th, if 6 happen we finish 5th, if 5 happen we finish 6th, if 4 happen we finish 7th, if 3 happen we finish 8th, if 2 happen we finish 9th, if 1 happens we finish 10th
    Okay.. i was right with ya up to the bit about '...the most we can get is 56 points...

5. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Okay.. i was right with ya up to the bit about '...the most we can get is 56 points...
    TL;DR - Win 3 and we're 3rd-6th, win 2 and we're 4th-10th, cheer for Geelong, Sydney, West Coast & Essendon to lose
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

7. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Adelaide & Carlton have started well, would be huge for our hopes if they can go on with it

Round 21

WB v GWS - Nope
    Syd v Fre - Nope
    Geel v Rich - Nope
    Bris v GC
    Ess v Adel
    WCE v Carl
    Melb v StK
    Haw v NM
    Port v Coll
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Could be a good night for us results wise right now.

I think if the Crows and Blues win I think we still remain in the 8 after this round.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

"Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton level at 3/4 time but couldn't go on with it, Adelaide ensuring we finish at least 9th if we win the last two

Need St Kilda to have a narrow win against Melbourne to stay in the 8 at the end of the round. More than that and they will pass us on percentage. Better for us if they beat Melbourne, as not only are we a chance to hold them off on percentage, but they have to beat Richmond in R23

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton level at 3/4 time but couldn't go on with it, Adelaide ensuring we finish at least 9th if we win the last two

Need St Kilda to have a narrow win against Melbourne to stay in the 8 at the end of the round. More than that and they will pass us on percentage. Better for us if they beat Melbourne, as not only are we a chance to hold them off on percentage, but they have to beat Richmond in R23
    Reckon we will make top 8 if we win both games. West Coke have 2 tough games (GWS away and Adelaide home), and St Kilda has Richmond in R23. Demons have a tough match against the Pies in R23 which they could easily drop. We have Essendon covered if we win both. Even Port if they lose tomorrow and we knock them off next week.

We'd be incredibly stiff to miss the top 8 with 13-9 - I reckon 12-10 and a good % will be enough to make it.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

If we want a perfect result tomorrow, a draw between Melbourne and the Saints would be absolute gold.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

14. Likes Twodogs, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    If we want a perfect result tomorrow, a draw between Melbourne and the Saints would be absolute gold.
    Thought that myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Failing that, Saints winning by less than 2 goals keeps us in by my count.

Post Thanks / Like

Reckon we will make top 8 if we win both games. West Coke have 2 tough games (GWS away and Adelaide home), and St Kilda has Richmond in R23. Demons have a tough match against the Pies in R23 which they could easily drop. We have Essendon covered if we win both. Even Port if they lose tomorrow and we knock them off next week.

We'd be incredibly stiff to miss the top 8 with 13-9 - I reckon 12-10 and a good % will be enough to make it.
    Yep, the Essendon game last night was the key one, whether they could get over Adelaide at home. Adelaide held up their end of the bargain, just need West Coast to lose one of their next two to join Essendon and the loser of St Kilda/Melbourne as the 3 top 11 teams that don't get to 13 wins

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, the Essendon game last night was the key one, whether they could get over Adelaide at home. Adelaide held up their end of the bargain, just need West Coast to lose one of their next two to join Essendon and the loser of St Kilda/Melbourne as the 3 top 11 teams that don't get to 13 wins
    West Coast play GWS next week in Sydney followed by Crows at home, so that should be it for them. I can't see the Saints winning today and they still have Tigers.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.