Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  15
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: #Freekickoppositionteams

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I didn't see any of the game on the weekend, but on the footy shows monday night, both showed how the holding the ball rule has been lost on everyone. A few of the examples involved our game and all of these were us tackling the eagles.....i cannot say how bewildering those non-calls were. In one example, the eagles player stiff-armed two of our players before being tackled and dropping the ball.....yet it was play-on. Either the umpires made several mistakes or they were trying not to give us free kicks after the media reports during the week.

Friday night scares me.

Also i am in no way suggesting the umpiring lost us the game. It wasn't even close to being the case. But the integrity of the umpires is starting to be questioned when 2 performances from them have been strange in the 2 weeks following media reports of complaints of favouritism to us (vs Sydney and last week)

Like you said it wasn't why we lost but the umpires have lost all integrity and given some of the flogs in the media the power to write and defame them all they want. The AFL have made their own bed now.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: #Freekickoppositionteams

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I didn't see any of the game on the weekend, but on the footy shows monday night, both showed how the holding the ball rule has been lost on everyone. A few of the examples involved our game and all of these were us tackling the eagles.....i cannot say how bewildering those non-calls were. In one example, the eagles player stiff-armed two of our players before being tackled and dropping the ball.....yet it was play-on. Either the umpires made several mistakes or they were trying not to give us free kicks after the media reports during the week.
    I have heard on talk back radio others complaining about the way the game is currently being umpired. I think it goes back to the direction being given by Schwab and co. The whole interpretation of our game has changed and has effected the way the game is played.

Pretty sure we got away with a few HTB as well on Saturday, but two frees that I was livid about came with minutes to go when the scores were 1 point the difference. The so called dangerous tackle against The Bont (rubbish call) in the middle of the ground when we had the momentum, then the subsequent kick into the forward line and Petri getting a holding the man in the marking contest. I was close to that action and everyone had hands on each other, the umpire should have called play on. The two kicks gave them the opportunity to get the final goal.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post