Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers And Anchors - Round 15, 2017 vs West Coast

This is the round 15, 2017 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against West Coast is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
    The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Optional: New addition to the Bankers and Anchors Banchors 3 players we thought who were in the middle in how they went in the game neither a Banker or Anchor.

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers And Anchors - Round 15, 2017 vs West Coast

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Anchor: Matt Suckling. I never want to see you in our colours again. You're a god-damn double agent and I'm glad you missed out on the GF last year. Your efforts are among the most putrid, disgusting I have ever seen. You're the only Bulldogs player ever that I can say in all honesty I detest. Please never play for us again.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

B

A fight back that will wallpaper over a few cracks
    WCE being as inaccurate as us at goal

A

Being a forward with the delivery they get, week in and week out. It's horrible.
    Missing east targets by foot, JJ I'm looking at you, you little Freo Docker you.
    Honeychurch. I've seen enough now, and so have the other scouts. Thanks for your service, application and commitment.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

B- Showed some fight , but where was it in the putrid first three .

A- See above .The first three. Effort intent was appalling
    Cluband I mean everybody, is too happy with themselves
    - Why on earth did we not put any clamps on Gaff,he murdered us

Post Thanks / Like

B:
    Cordy was just about the only bloke to show any commitment and aggression. Liked his game.
    Great last quarter. Where was that effort in the previous three quarters against a depleted Eagles?
    Thank you to this group for the 2016 premiership. It's just sad that we have failed to fire a shot at any stage of this season. So so disappointing.

A:
    Congrats to the clubs whinging about the free kick differential. You've won this battle.
    Stringer, Suckling and Dickson....thank you for your lack of a contribution today. You could not have been more ineffectual.
    Sad to see the greatest defender to have played for our club finish this way. Thank you Dale Morris.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with you comment on Cordy AR. He will be a fine player.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

Dahl - great player

Hunter - thought he was alright

The final quarter effort very good

Anchors

Our forward line output - not up to scratch

The first 3 quarters quite ordinary

Suckling - makes way to many turnovers
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Bankers

Dahl - great player
    Based on today's game?

Almost the worst game of his career, fumbled almost every touch and his kicking was on a different level bad.

He had a shocker!

11. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Bankers

Dahl - great player
    Not today, he was awful.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Not today, he was awful.
    Agree. What's most peculiar is you can't get a bead on who's in form within our team from week to week. Just when you think you're getting a guy showing a baseline of acceptable form, they drop away the next week.

It must be frustrating as hell for the match committee trying to guess if a player's form is going to hold.

Dahl is usually one of the warriors you reckon is going to be good for -at worst- an acceptable performance week in week out. Today he dropped below that line.

Maybe its a function of frustration from not being sure whether the guy next to you in the trench is going to give his all that is behind the inconsistency?

Macrae, his field kicking issues aside, is probably the one who has exhibited the most consistently acceptable form week to week so far this year.

14. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Agree. What's most peculiar is you can't get a bead on who's in form within our team from week to week. Just when you think you're getting a guy showing a baseline of acceptable form, they drop away the next week.

It must be frustrating as hell for the match committee trying to guess if a player's form is going to hold.

Dahl is usually one of the warriors you reckon is going to be good for -at worst- an acceptable performance week in week out. Today he dropped below that line.

Maybe its a function of frustration from not being sure whether the guy next to you in the trench is going to give his all that is behind the inconsistency?

Macrae, his field kicking issues aside, is probably the one who has exhibited the most consistently acceptable form week to week so far this year.
    And his kicking was as bad as it's been today too

16. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

1.Zaine Cordy was very good today. Used the ball well.
    2. Lachie Hunter put in four quarters
    3. Bailey Dale keeps his spot.

Anchors

I might as well put this on the clipboard and just paste it in each week.
    1. Kicking for goal. When we need a team lifting goal everyone gets a touch of the Liam Joneses.
    2. Our field kicking and delivery inside 50
    3 Our clearances We are being smashed.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Today we saw why Dahl is rarely tagged. We all have the greatest admiration for his desperation and never say die attitude but he simply doesn't hurt sides with his disposal.

He reminds of the little kid playing junior footy who just keeps the ball going his team's way but little of it results in anything. The number of times he simply throws it onto his boot, even when in space, is frustrating. He's not our biggest problem but his disposal is the reason he will only be a very good player but never a great one. His ball handling and decision making today is as bad as I've seen it.

Mind you, if Stringer only had Dahl's heart.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

19. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

1. Some good defending from Biggs, really tried hard to repel the WC attack.

2. Shocking game from Stringer but the one act that stole the ball in front of goal was quick thinking.

3. Caleb Daniel and Hunter, one of the few mids that gave 4 quarters.

Anchors

1. Stringer, Dickson 3 disposals between them at half time.

2. Bailey Dale - great game but Anchor for running into an open goal and missing

3. Match Committee for picking the wrong team today.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.