Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    langers1971 Guest

old winners episodes 1982-1986

i am searching for old copies of the abc replay show - "the Winners"

If anyone has any of these episodes, in full, then i would love to hear from you.

These aired on the original fox footy channel back in around 2005-2006. I am not interested in Winners - Rebooted though.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: old winners episodes 1982-1986

If no one here can assist is it something the ABC can assist with.
    I recall my sister appeared on Countdown in the 70's (having won a min-bike in a competition) and we approached the ABC for a copy in the 90's. They were unable to help, but not for lack of trying. They replied that a whole swathe of countdown episodes were completely destroyed from their archives.
    More's the pity because apparently my sister got completely mesmerised by the camera and was unable to answer coherently to any of Molly's questions.

langers1971 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    If no one here can assist is it something the ABC can assist with.
    I recall my sister appeared on Countdown in the 70's (having won a min-bike in a competition) and we approached the ABC for a copy in the 90's. They were unable to help, but not for lack of trying. They replied that a whole swathe of countdown episodes were completely destroyed from their archives.
    More's the pity because apparently my sister got completely mesmerised by the camera and was unable to answer coherently to any of Molly's questions.
    I do know for a fact that the ABC have some old copies of "the winners" for sale, however, each copy is $80, so its quite expensive. At this stage, i would much rather find people who may have old copies, and swap footage with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Als Highlights

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Not Bitter Anymore View Post
    Try Als Highlights
    Or YouTube in general has a lot of old videos from the '80s. It's easy to lose whole afternoons there.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Knowing Langers, he has already done that, ie checked Youtube and been in contact with Al.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.