Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 15, 2017 Discussion

GWS v Cats draw. I hate draws.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I really wanted to see GWS lose, but watching that arse clown Geelong coach cry and scream with every painfully obvious free kick get paid against his team, I'm happy to see a draw or maybe even a GWS win. The audacity of an umpire to pay only the ridiculously obvious frees while letting the 50/50s go their way all night... Maybe he should coach and not carry on looking to see when the cameras are on him...
    Scott's carry on is a complete embarrassment. Pretty good coaching effort though in just stifled the GWS run

3. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say Rocket would have to be a very strong chance now to get another contract. Good luck to him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes Max469, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'd say Rocket would have to be a very strong chance now to get another contract. Good luck to him
    Yep. Really pleased for him.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

7. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't see it happening for Eade, the AFL will put in someone completely willing to drink the Koolaide to coach and say painfully positive things.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    How good was Ablett in his 300th game with another 37 disposals. For me, without a doubt the greatest midfielder to ever play the game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'm starting to come round on GAJ. He had so many great players around him at Geelong it was easy to see past him and the fact he was involved in every bit of play because he was just sort of there.

But at Gold Coast it really stands out how good he is when he's actually playing and playing well.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Great win by the Lions over Essendon. WTF did we not take our chance yesterday, we would be right in the 8, with another contender falling over.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Great win by the Lions over Essendon. WTF did we not take our chance yesterday, we would be right in the 8, with another contender falling over.
    Always a good day when Essendon gets knocked over ... and Brissy might've done us a small favour given the Dons' run home is incredibly soft and *should* we get our act together likely one of the mobs we'll be in direct competition with to scrape into the eight.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Always a good day when Essendon gets knocked over ... and Brissy might've done us a small favour given the Dons' run home is incredibly soft and *should* we get our act together likely one of the mobs we'll be in direct competition with to scrape into the eight.
    Great win by the Lions. They salvaged something out of the weekend for us. Bombers fans gutted. What's not to like. After they kicked the first in the last they were licking their lips; they ended up licking their wounds.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon are in for a world of hurt. They have absolutely no injuries and are mid table plodders. They also have all of their salary cap chewed up by former dopers that are well past their best. They are also one of the oldest lists in the comp. And their coach is a dud with the worst group of assistant behind him. Going nowhere.

Other clubs should get stuck into their young underpaid players in the off season.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Which young players can we play pick and off Essendon ? Parish and fantasia rem2 who come the mind

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Which young players can we play pick and off Essendon ? Parish and fantasia rem2 who come the mind
    I'd start with Z Merrett and work my way down. Francis not getting much game time - worth an enquiry as well.

All the doping 12 are on inflated wages and most are on long term deals.

Post Thanks / Like

Saints winning has cut the race for the top 8 down to 10 - we're notionally there but clearly not on form.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Saints winning has cut the race for the top 8 down to 10 - we're notionally there but clearly not on form.
    Its also pushing Freo down to a finish around 15th. That gives them excellent Fyfe compo. If they get pick 4 & pick 5 compo, they might just take that and a seperate good deal on another player rather than hold out like Adelaide/Dangerfield. A team with salary cap room and a decent player to trade might be more interested if it's going the FA route.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

19. Likes Sedat liked this post