Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  27
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 Things I've learned round 15 vs the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I think he's our VFL coach - Steve Grace
    OK you're probably right, reserves coach to senior assistant is a bit of a jump. We must have promoted from within then because we can't not have a senior assistant. Although if we didn't have one then that would certainly explain a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    Looking like it at the moment, the Diva only won one race in between her first and second cup but.....
    You must be the only person in the world more blindingly, infuriatingly optimistic than I am. The owners sacked the trainer as well I seem to remember.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

1. I never expected us to go back to back. I am one of those who thought we were the best team for one month last year and the 7th best for 22 rounds prior. I'm ever grateful for that one month.However i did expect us to improve this year. We have clearly not done that.

2. Roughy is either our 1st ruck or if he's not then he's out of form and out of the side. Scarlett's platitudes about him becoming one of the comp's best defenders were clearly just that and not based in reality. He's too slow off the mark and not agile enough to compete unless he marks the ball. And he's an ordinary kick at best.

3. We need to become a team that has a proficiency set based on skill not just contested ball winning and pressure. Other sides have lifted their game to surpass us in both of those areas and our skill deficiencies have left us looking like a team without a plan.

3. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Roughead belongs in the ruck and is not a backman's you know what. Looked totally lost out there.

2. Dickson should have been dropped after only 5 possessions last week. At half time had ZERO against his name.

3. Structure was all wrong taking Redpath out of the forward line and being a second ruck - really hurt us.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes Doc26, westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched an impressive Richmond take apart Port Power with daring run, precise kicking, and deadly finishing. How quickly they've overtaken us with a list that looks inferior on paper. We have a team of plodders and the only bloke with line breaking speed doesn't like attention.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo and the club need to stop pretending nothing is wrong within the club. It is glaringly obvious that there are issues between some players and an absolute lack of either desire or interest with JJ and Stringer. As for Suckling, he kicking skills may be good but he makes way to may errors and is too soft and slow to be in the team. Time to start putting together the team that will represent us proudly in 2018. Williams, Webb, Roberts & co. need to be played and we need to start preparing for life without Murph, Moyd, Morris, and trade out both JJ and Stringer. Libba needs to get his act together as well, otherwise he should go as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    We played a team without Kennedy, Lecras, and Hurn to name just a few. They looked faster, stronger, better marks, and better kicks. We dominated hitouts but got smashed in clearances and couldn't get close to them when the ball spilt free. At one point there was a throw-in in the Eagles forward pocket where we failed to contest the ruck against Jack Darling, failed to tackle him when he got the ball, and failed to stop the bloke receiving the handball from Darling and kicking an easy snap goal. But you're right, we have nothing to be concerned about and shouldn't complain.
    Not Roughead's finest patch if it's the one I'm thinking of.

Poor kick to Biggs when switching allowed the ball to go out. Roughie called that he would contest the ruck contest but seemingly didn't have the time/effort to get himself there to contest and they got an easy goal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post

Poor kick to Biggs when switching allowed the ball to go out. Roughie called that he would contest the ruck contest but seemingly didn't have the time/effort to get himself there to contest and they got an easy goal.
    Think that might have been Sheed who snapped that goal . That effort from Jordan pretty much summed up where we're at .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Think that might have been Sheed who snapped that goal . That effort from Jordan pretty much summed up where we're at .
    It was very disappointing coming from one of our leaders.

Post Thanks / Like

It was very disappointing coming from one of our leaders.
    Similarly Redpath's brain fade kicking across the ground towards Wood, but stuffing it up really denied us an opportunity when he should have kicked towards goal. The idea was ok, the execution was terrible.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Gia is our stoppage coach. I just learned that. No offense Gia but I think you should stick to forwards because our clearance work has gone backwards since you took over.

2. It's time to plan ahead to 2018 and onwards. 2017 is pretty much done and dusted. 'IF' somehow we managed to string enough wins together to make the final 8 we would be just making up the numbers. Some smart trading in the off season is needed. We must give up some good players to get something good in return.

3. Leicester City and Western Bulldogs are the same but different. Same because we didn't fire a shot at a title defence and different because we won't sack our coach (surely not).
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

We would have been better off if it had gone out on the full.

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    1. Gia is our stoppage coach. I just learned that. No offense Gia but I think you should stick to forwards because our clearance work has gone backwards since you took over.

2. It's time to plan ahead to 2018 and onwards. 2017 is pretty much done and dusted. 'IF' somehow we managed to string enough wins together to make the final 8 we would be just making up the numbers. Some smart trading in the off season is needed. We must give up some good players to get something good in return.

3. Leicester City and Western Bulldogs are the same but different. Same because we didn't fire a shot at a title defence and different because we won't sack our coach (surely not).
    We'd be insane to. He's got another couple of years anyway.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    OK you're probably right, reserves coach to senior assistant is a bit of a jump. We must have promoted from within then because we can't not have a senior assistant. Although if we didn't have one then that would certainly explain a few things.

You must be the only person in the world more blindingly, infuriatingly optimistic than I am. The owners sacked the trainer as well I seem to remember.
    I am a Liverpool supporter. But I want to see if we belong in the Finals and Adelaide in Adelaide is perfect. Right now we are just rotten but we have pushed GWS and Geelong all the way and maybe we just need to play the really good sides to get up for it. I sound stupid but I'll wait one more week before I put my fork in.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn you Freo , if they had won , would have meant everyone above us bar WC lost. we would have a chance to make the. 8. It's almost impossible now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Damn you Freo , if they had won , would have meant everyone above us bar WC lost. we would have a chance to make the. 8. It's almost impossible now
    I'm not saying we will make it but we are one game out of the 8, with marginally worse percentage than St.Kilda and only one challenging away game (in terms of venue) for the rest of the season. This remains a year where we could string together two half decent games and read articles about us being top four contenders.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

TBH....it's hard enough seeing when our next win is coming without worrying about finals. 2017.....the lost year.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

18. Likes 1eyedog liked this post