Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs emerge as top suitor for Adelaide Crows defender Jake Lever

Looks like we are into him big time. 850K is a hefty sum though.
    Link

THE Western Bulldogs are emerging as serious contenders for the services of uncontracted Crows defender Jake Lever amid reports they are prepared to pay up to $850,000 a season.

Lever, 21, and his manager Ned Guy have been in negotiations with the Crows over his next move but Lever has always maintained he’s not in a rush to decide on his future.

The Advertiser understands there are several clubs in Melbourne — where he is from — who are keen on his signature and now the Bulldogs are understood to have put a long-term plan in front of him to consider.

The 195cm defender comes from Romsey in Melbourne’s north and the figures being bantered around are staggering for such a young player.

But he is a leader in intercept marks, has a good leap and is in among the best in the business.

He is similar to Richmond star Alex Rance in the way he can impose himself on games.

The race to secure Lever, alongside fellow uncontracted team-mate Mitch McGovern, heated up once the collective bargaining agreement between the AFL and the AFL players’ union was sorted out and clubs had a better picture of what they could spend.

He is seen as an ideal fit among an ageing backline at Whitten Oval.

The Dogs are understood to be ready to offer him a long-term deal for his services in the vein of the agreement they struck with ex-Greater Western Sydney forward/ruckman Tom Boyd.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs emerge as top suitor for Adelaide Crows defender Jake Lever

God I hope this is true
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs emerge as top suitor for Adelaide Crows defender Jake Lever

Yep. Trade our top 10 pick and something else, so then they get Gibbs. Carlton can go get more GWS players. Everyone wins.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Nice dress rehearsal
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

We kicked to him all night, clearly he's not coming to our team next year.

6. Likes SquirrelGrip, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Super talent
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Super talent
    Whom we made look even better.
    I'd like him but we've made far worse look better.
    Luke Vogels would've won a Brownlow if he'd played 22 games against us, as would Majak Daw!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Whom we made look even better.
    I'd like him but we've made far worse look better.
    Luke Vogels would've won a Brownlow if he'd played 22 games against us, as would Majak Daw!

Technically Majak Daw would win the Coleman but I see your point.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

MAjak took his only 2'contested marks in a game and it was against us!