Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: So.

They have proper fish and chips in Adelaide. None of your grilled fish nonsense. Dip it in batter and fry it until you can't tell what sort of fish it is. That's proper fish and chips. Much less expensive than Melbourne too. Fish is only 5 bucks, 2.50 minimum of chips.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

2. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    They have proper fish and chips in Adelaide. None of your grilled fish nonsense. Dip it in batter and fry it until you can't tell what sort of fish it is. That's proper fish and chips. Much less expensive than Melbourne too. Fish is only 5 bucks, 2.50 minimum of chips.
    $5 for fish is about ball-park once you get 20kms away from the city. $2.50 for chips is quite low.

If you're fond of Fish n Chips I've got some travel advice for you: Never, ever, ever go to Sydney. They have no clue what they're doing.

Post Thanks / Like

I am in Adelaide regularly for work, occasionally get to a game at Adelaide Oval, and also go to the Adelaide Test every year. I think its a great city. They do food, drink and sport brilliantly well - so they are alright with me. Always found the people to be great, and its easy to get around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    $5 for fish is about ball-park once you get 20kms away from the city. $2.50 for chips is quite low.

If you're fond of Fish n Chips I've got some travel advice for you: Never, ever, ever go to Sydney. They have no clue what they're doing.

Whenever I feel like going to Sydney I go to Hobart instead. The landscape and bay is exactly the same but people are so much nicer.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, who needs to know what fish or other sea creature type creation is in your fish anyway I say!

Just as long as it's not butterfish!.........

7. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great experience.

What is this game and result you are all talking about?

According to my recollection the last 7 days have been like Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - day, Richmond lost, Carlton Lost, back to work Monday.

Have I missed something?
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

9. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Sounds like a great experience.

What is this game and result you are all talking about?

According to my recollection the last 7 days have been like Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - day, Richmond lost, Carlton Lost, back to work Monday.

Have I missed something?

Yep. We only lose when there is a 'Y' in the days name.

11. Likes craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. We only lose when there is a 'Y' in the days name.
    Looking forward to the next Satdee Night game then.

13. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to the next Satdee Night game then.

Saterdee night alllllready old, walking into Sunday and I find...

Post Thanks / Like

Saterdee night alllllready old, walking into Sunday and I find...
    All our Mids are cold and our key forwards kick behinds

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: So.

All our Mids are cold and our key forwards kick behinds

Very good. Very, very good.

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny but as we walked towards the Mall we were going to Macca's but when we got there we decided that it was too packed and went to HJ's instead. If we hadn't gone to HJ's we wouldn't have met the guy who had two tickets suddenly available because his girlfriend (I assume) dropped out right on game time and went home.

So, if Macca's hadn't been so packed we probably wouldn't have met our new temporary friend and would have been consigned to watching the game on the big screen outside. Life is weird sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny but as we walked towards the Mall we were going to Macca's but when we got there we decided that it was too packed and went to HJ's instead. If we hadn't gone to HJ's we wouldn't have met the guy who had two tickets suddenly available because his girlfriend (I assume) dropped out right on game time and went home.

So, if Macca's hadn't been so packed we probably wouldn't have met our new temporary friend and would have been consigned to watching the game on the big screen outside. Life is weird sometimes.
    On to Sydney now to watch the Gunners
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Adelaide Oval is an excellent venue

My Footy experience Friday night

1> My car got sideswiped by a bus in the Centre of the City (minimal damage)
    2> Had to pull over and change a flat tyre, from the bingle, right in the CBD, so i could get to the footy. Parked in a safe spot, right in front of a sex shop, wearing bulldogs gear changing the %^%^* tyre in pissing rain while drunk locals offered me advice
    3> Got to the Footy, got to seat with a minute to spare (yay)
    4>Footy match was boring
    5>Told the missus about the bingle (error) which meant she spent the first half texting me wanting all the info, wanting me to ring the cops, and generally being sh(tty with me for damaging her new car
    6> Got rained on

20. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So, T&T, you had a good time? I too went to match. Peeved oppo fans left in rain like Geelong. Presume reason is to ensure heritage scoreboard is kept. No excuse in Geelong. Rest of my weekend was beaut though, even with the drizzle. Love their farmers market on Sunday morning and the trail walks in Lofty Ranges so close to cbd. Thought the first half was ok and at least we were dour however agree last half was boring or rather embarrassing. I strangely felt quite peaceful after 3rd quarter thinking at least we are likely to see some of the kids having a run. That and hoping we use rest of year as prep for next year. Oh, and remembering 1/10/16 still brings a smile...
    Last edited by josie; 13-07-2017 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Typo