Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 54 of 54
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    sydenham
    Posts
    8,230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JJ Signs deal for 5 years

    I would just like to point out that he has shown true loyalty , a five year deal at the age of 24? Means he didn't want to go anywhere and appreciated the time and money spent on him and showing faith in him being a rookie.
    Remember Wood and him have been on the list a while before they came good. The club should be congratulated on seeing the talent and being patient to reap the rewards and both players recognise this too.
    Bring back the biff

  2. Likes The Doctor liked this post
  3. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seddon
    Posts
    4,444
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JJ Signs deal for 5 years

    Yep. JJ is a Bulldog for life. Let's get right behind him.
    The Western Bulldogs.....shortest premiership drought in the league.

  4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
  5. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Newbridge, NSW
    Posts
    3,158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JJ Signs deal for 5 years

    The JJ deal seemed to be precarious for as long time. A short time ago it was announced that Chris Grant was getting involved and voila a 5 year deal. What a champion Bulldog Chris Grant has been.

  6. Likes strebla, Twodogs, chef liked this post
  7. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dogsville
    Posts
    8,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JJ Signs deal for 5 years

    Needs to come to the party again though, plenty of very good players out there would be happy to come for 650k a year over five years.
    One of the great moments in life is the sense of space and time you feel between taking a hanger and touching back down.

  8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
  9. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    16,997
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JJ Signs deal for 5 years

    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    The JJ deal seemed to be precarious for as long time. A short time ago it was announced that Chris Grant was getting involved and voila a 5 year deal. What a champion Bulldog Chris Grant has been.
    Chris is a true bulldog chanpion, we are lucky to have him. Praise be to Chooka Merrington and pick 105 at the 1989 ND.

    I wonder if he is too old to pull on the jumper again? Chris, that is, not Chooka, although Chooka wasn't a bad fullback back in the days of Hudson*and McKenna and Wade. We could do with a player like Chris Grant a sort of combination of Marcus Adams with Bob Murphy's footskills and Easton Wood's leadership and courage, let's face it every team in the history of the game could have found a spot for Chris Grant.

    *was it Gary Merrington who took on Peter Hudson and was running the ball out of defense one day at Whitten oval. He tried to take a bounce anbounced back over his head into he arms of the trailing Huddo who then turned around and kicked a goal?
    AFL premiers 2016
    VFL premiers 2016



    I hold this letter in my hand
    A plea, a petition, a kind of prayer
    I hope it does as I have planned
    Losing her again is more than I can bear
    I kiss the cold, white envelope
    I press my lips against her name
    Two hundred words. We live in hope
    The sky hangs heavy with rain

  10. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JJ Signs deal for 5 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Chris is a true bulldog chanpion, we are lucky to have him. Praise be to Chooka Merrington and pick 105 at the 1989 ND.

    I wonder if he is too old to pull on the jumper again? Chris, that is, not Chooka, although Chooka wasn't a bad fullback back in the days of Hudson*and McKenna and Wade. We could do with a player like Chris Grant a sort of combination of Marcus Adams with Bob Murphy's footskills and Easton Wood's leadership and courage, let's face it every team in the history of the game could have found a spot for Chris Grant.

    *was it Gary Merrington who took on Peter Hudson and was running the ball out of defense one day at Whitten oval. He tried to take a bounce anbounced back over his head into he arms of the trailing Huddo who then turned around and kicked a goal?
    That was Peter Welsh.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

  11. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
  12. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    16,997
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JJ Signs deal for 5 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    That was Peter Welsh.

    Cheers BJ. It was bloody funny I remember that.
    AFL premiers 2016
    VFL premiers 2016



    I hold this letter in my hand
    A plea, a petition, a kind of prayer
    I hope it does as I have planned
    Losing her again is more than I can bear
    I kiss the cold, white envelope
    I press my lips against her name
    Two hundred words. We live in hope
    The sky hangs heavy with rain

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern Suburbs
    Posts
    2,235
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JJ Signs deal for 5 years

    Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Needs to come to the party again though, plenty of very good players out there would be happy to come for 650k a year over five years.
    Needed a 'pick me up' last night and threw on (again) the prelim against GWS. A great antidote but more than this a great reminder of how damaging and valuable to us JJ is when he has his mojo. Forgot how good some of his pin point passing can be.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    2,287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JJ Signs deal for 5 years

    LINK

    Good article about JJ re-signing.
    "There was an air of confidence among West Coast fans as they filed into the ground, but some were heading for the exits just 10 minutes into the final quarter as their dreams were dashed."

    Bridget Lacy, The West Australian.
    9th September 2016

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •