Port Adelaide v North Melbourne Adelaide Oval 2.10pm

Gold Coast v Collingwood Metricon Stadium 4.35pm

GWS v Sydney Spotless Stadium 7.25pm

Melbourne v Adelaide TIO Stadium 7.40pm

Sunday July 16

Richmond v Brisbane Etihad Stadium 1.10pm

Carlton v Western Bulldogs MCG 3.20pm

Fremantle v West Coast Domain Stadium 4.40pm
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 17, 2017 Discussion

Two teams with pretty ordinary structure but quick and frantic play going at it tonight and butchering opportunities because of the former.

They're very quick across the board. Both are immediately above us on the ladder, only a small uplift in form should have us account for them both. Unfortunately it looks as if St Kilda are going to let themselves get beaten up tonight, whilst it makes them easier to bypass with a few wins EFC with a good percentage will be that little bit harder to catch.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Two teams with pretty ordinary structure but quick and frantic play going at it tonight and butchering opportunities because of the former.

They're very quick across the board. Both are immediately above us on the ladder, only a small uplift in form should have us account for them both. Unfortunately it looks as if St Kilda are going to let themselves get beaten up tonight, whilst it makes them easier to bypass with a few wins EFC with a good percentage will be that little bit harder to catch.
    Yep. I'm not sure on the percentages of us making it, but it's harder again, boarding now on 'mathematically possible'.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting resource. Not sure I trust the probabilities/points apportioned to likely results:

http://www.liveladders.com/AFL/

I'd take 9th if we have a decent win this week. Like the last couple of seasons just winning is the most important thing for us, we can still get there, particularly if we ignore any form or lack thereof going forward!

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting resource. Not sure I trust the probabilities/points apportioned to likely results:

http://www.liveladders.com/AFL/

I'd take 9th if we have a decent win this week. Like the last couple of seasons just winning is the most important thing for us, we can still get there, particularly if we ignore any form or lack thereof going forward!
    This is my go to page for quick live updates, been using it for a couple of years. There's some parts of the ladder it seems reliable on, but on other parts it's been a fair bit off this year. Last time I looked that had us 9th and Essendon 10th. I think that might swap around and net us Pick 8.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Last year we kept winning but couldn't make up any significant ground week after week, this year we keep losing but (until last week) didn't fall away.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Like last week , great example tonight of how one team, Essendon, can continually throw their way out of stoppages without penalty e.g Merrett, Heppell etc whilst we get all the scrutiny and subsequent punishment for actions far more discreet than what's on show tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

The game totally on Essendons terms . Barely any stoppages , whereas Stkilda are a blue collar side and if if they're off with their prsssure , they get pantsed . Riewoldt looks cooked to me , and Joe Daniher has reached superstar.Im still reeling from Bruce's comment that Essendon could become everyone's second team if they play finals.
    Bruce get ya hand off it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Like last week , great example tonight of how one team, Essendon, can continually throw their way out of stoppages without penalty e.g Merrett, Heppell etc whilst we get all the scrutiny and subsequent punishment for actions far more discreet than what's on show tonight.
    No we throw it and other teams have "quick hands". Just another media myth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    No we throw it and other teams have "quick hands". Just another media myth
    Another myth that the AFL subscribes to. The league is fast becoming....well the AFEL. Just zero integrity in the chase for the all mighty ollar

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen this somewhere before......

Post Thanks / Like

It's the price we pay as "undeserved" premiers.

The key in all of it however, is that we are the premiers. They can take away the third man up, they can crunch our disposal by hand, but, they can't take away from us that we are the premiers.

I feel we've allowed ourselves as supporters to lose site of that. WE ARE THE PREMIERS!

Post Thanks / Like

It's the price we pay as "undeserved" premiers.

The key in all of it however, is that we are the premiers. They can take away the third man up, they can crunch our disposal by hand, but, they can't take away from us that we are the premiers.

I feel we've allowed ourselves as supporters to lose site of that. WE ARE THE PREMIERS!
    The special Premiers Gold AFL emblem reminds me every week.

I have had to check to make sure a couple of times though.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I love Joe Daniher and think we should trade our entire team for him.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

15. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Essendon are looking very good I must say . A team to be very wary of the next few years
    I think Jobe is past it and the team looks so much quicker without him.
    Daniher is a godsend to them making football enjoyable for the club and seems to be lifting the weight off the whole team this year with smiles and a positive effect
    Bring back the biff