Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  19

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Players Voice- Tom Jonas

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I don't want go to on a rant but I think it stems from Australia really thinking being educated = wanky. We prefer journos who are drunken slobs and mock ones who are educated as complete nerds/geeks or even in a borderline homophobic manner. Our footy media reminds me of the movie 'Idiocracy'.
    In Australia, we prefer our footy journos to have no journalistic training or skills because if you can kick a footy, you can surely write about it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    In Australia, we prefer our footy journos to have no journalistic training or skills because if you can kick a footy, you can surely write about it.
    or call a game on commercial radio or Channel 7.

I like the way 774 use professionals to call the games
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    A few weeks back in the same column he made reference to Buddy Franklin sleeping better tonight knowing Cale Hooker is out injured.

Cale Hooker has been a forward all year, and it's not like it's been a sneaky little move that's gone unnoticed.. There were weeks of reporting on how little impact Hooker was having as a forward.

This is apparently from the best in the business.
    Not by Damo apparantly.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.