Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  56
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round 17, 2017 - Carlton V Western Bulldogs

I'm not so hard on Redpath he leads and we do shocking kicks behind him or up in the air where he gets shepherded out all the time. If we deliver right he can produce. He is hard at it and will compete.
    If we had buddy in our forward line he would struggle to get a kick the way we bring it in.
    Bring back the biff

2. Likes Bulldog4life, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I want give a big Anchor to our supporters for not showing up, including the cheer squad. One of the smallest Cheer squads for a few years now.
    3.20 on a Sunday afternoon is a digraceful time . A lot of junior games played on a Sunday afternoon.
    If you want low crowds program games at that time.
    Last day of school holidays too.
    AFL puts no thought into it . Personally i would like to see early game like 10 am on a Sunday. Games over by 1pm and I think you would get more veiwers on tv.
    Bring back the biff

4. Thanks Doc26 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Like a glass of water for a parched man in the desert. Jeez we needed that.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

6. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On Redpath, I thought at least he didn't make Jones look like the second coming.
    He managed to bring the ball to ground on a lot of those contests. Delivery into our forward line this year has been woeful at best.
    Would Cloke be any better as a forward with the way the ball comes in.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    On Redpath, I thought at least he didn't make Jones look like the second coming.
    He managed to bring the ball to ground on a lot of those contests. Delivery into our forward line this year has been woeful at best.
    My point is, don't stand there like a dummy, lead out, make the backman follow you.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Freezing day at the footy but I braved the conditions sitting at the Ponsford End. Great to get the win.

I thought at the start in 1st quarter we would be in for a long day but we came back and pretty much from then on mainly in control.

I thought, Macrae, Biggs, Picken, Daniel were very good. Young on debut was great took some great marks. Was good to see some of that JJ run from half back today. Honeychurch was ok although at the start was very frustrating and kicked a good goal today as did Bailey Dale and Bonti as well.

All in all a good day out and that keep us alive in 2017.

Go Bulldogs!!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    My point is, don't stand there like a dummy, lead out, make the backman follow you.
    It looked like Carlton were clogging the space in our forward area.
    I can only go by what I see on the box, so vison is only centred around the play. Dickson is very much a leading forward and he has struggled this year. Are the forwards being honoured when the do lead?
    Maybe the forwards are the product of a season of not being honoured in past attempts. Confidence might be down
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Thought Libba worked as hard as his fitness allowed. By that I mean he was serviceable. But he either has fitness issues or an attitudinal issue?
    At his peak, Libba would disregard fatigue when involved in a contest and would go..and go..and go..and go again when the ball was pinballing amongst a maze of feet and hands to get a critical fingertip to a ball rather than succumb to fatigue just to make sure a ball either came out to our advantage or make sure it didn't come out at all.
    3 occasions today where he was just going at mere mortal level having had an initial impact at a scramble; but whereas last year he'd fling himself from prostrate back into the fray, today he lay on his back for a split second and missed the chance to effect a 50/50.

I love the frenetic, unrelenting spew-before-conceding a contest Libba. We need that guy back.

Post Thanks / Like

By the way..how comforting was it to see Ronnie Biggs back to his best today?
    If we're any chance to push for September we need his form today to continue unabated for the rest of the season.

13. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Yep lovely part of the world. Skyrail back was incredible. I hate the overuse of words like "breathtaking", but in this case...
    I did it the other way. Skyrail up and scenic rail back.

Both were stunning.

15. Likes AndrewP6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    There were numerous instances where instead of carrying the ball forward our instinct was to handball it backwards, and move laterally. Jack Macrae did this in the third in one particular instance when he was in open space approaching wing/HFF on his favoured side, in front of the AFL members, and he decided to turn back to handball on his right instead of moving it forward. It almost induced a fit of mania within me.

He's an interesting cat, he takes some really good running opportunities through the HBF/middle areas of the ground where he'll take people on and take risks with his disposal, but get him forward of centre and it all falls apart mentally.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

A sad observation from today. Bobby, apart from two little side steps into space was looking every bit the old man. Slow to get up after a few heavy knocks and just lacking that visible spring in his step. The injuries etc have caught up to him. Not sure what that means for us right now, he can and does contribute, but it just struck me today that he has lost the look of a guy who drank from the fountain of youth.

18. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He along with Daniel and Young were the only players who couldn't manage a single tackle for us today.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

How good was Honeychurch running down Kruezer at one end and then getting a goal at the other? Critical touches.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

21. Likes Bulldog4life, chef, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Bailey Williams might be the unlucky one. Was pretty good today and I'm a fan but Cordy and Young did well, Murphy, Biggs and JJ won't be dropped. Unless Honey or Hunter make way, but Honey was good today and Hunter has credits in the bank.
    Maybe the real (and tough question) is "Should Murphy be dropped for Wood?"
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.