Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Loving your work Zaine

Flying a little under the radar but I've been really impressed with Cordy's year the longer it has progressed. In some pretty dark weeks he has been a bit of a beacon in defence, always aggressive and never conceding. He plays like it really matters to him.

The biggest surprise has been his kicking. Not a long kick by any means, he kicks it low and hits targets, not scared to kick on his left.

Another solid game yesterday with aggressive spoiling, he was a major reason neither Casboult or Kreuzer took a contested mark up forward (IIRC). Was a role player last year but is clearly going to be a long term key or third defender for the club particularly as he builds up more body strength. I'm a fan.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Loving your work Zaine

Yeah I like him. Been competing really well and not getting beat in many 1-1s..

Post Thanks / Like

There's still a ton of improvement in him too. Ah, Zaine.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

He's been superb the last few weeks. Almost becoming a pillar of our defence. Rarely getting beaten but also providing transition into attack

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    He's been superb the last few weeks. Almost becoming a pillar of our defence. Rarely getting beaten but also providing transition into attack
    Re into attack. We haven't seen it much, but in TAC Cup he would often run hard out of defence carrying the ball and has a Bob Murohy like side step to get around opponents. I'd like to see this develop back into his game as a huge metres gained advantage, the run and kicking, considering he hits targets by foot.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

His kicking style always makes me nervous but it is pretty effective.

7. Likes Cyberdoggie, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love that he has a bit of mongrel as well, in a fair and within rules way. Has been very good taking on the role at FB.

He will have his hands full this week with some monsters at GC
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Young and Cordy will be the pillars of our dynasty. The Hamling loss is felt, but I felt infinitely better about it at 6pm yesterday. Both will have some tough days ahead, but we chose well and will reap future rewards.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Been a positive this year for sure Zaine.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Flying a little under the radar but I've been really impressed with Cordy's year the longer it has progressed. In some pretty dark weeks he has been a bit of a beacon in defence, always aggressive and never conceding. He plays like it really matters to him.

The biggest surprise has been his kicking. Not a long kick by any means, he kicks it low and hits targets, not scared to kick on his left.

Another solid game yesterday with aggressive spoiling, he was a major reason neither Casboult or Kreuzer took a contested mark up forward (IIRC). Was a role player last year but is clearly going to be a long term key or third defender for the club particularly as he builds up more body strength. I'm a fan.
    Seconded. Never going to die wondering and loves the grunty stuff.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Seconded. Never going to die wondering and loves the grunty stuff.
    You don't get to hear as much noises in a game in the stadiums. I watched him one day in Bendigo in the TAC Cup, and you could hear quite comfortably from the grandstand every time he hit someone or laid his know famous bone crunching tackles. It was the sound of unadulterated hurt reverberating through the QEO. I'm happy he's on our side that's for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    You don't get to hear as much noises in a game in the stadiums. I watched him one day in Bendigo in the TAC Cup, and you could hear quite comfortably from the grandstand every time he hit someone or laid his know famous bone crunching tackles. It was the sound of unadulterated hurt reverberating through the QEO. I'm happy he's on our side that's for sure.
    Just the right amount of mongrel. Love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Pick 62. Hehehe.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

His legend was established with the knee that cracked Cement Head, and was only reiterated with that absolute bone crunching tackle on Hannebery early in the GF. He's a beauty.

Wish he wouldn't persist with kicking on that awkward left foot at every opportunity but even that has it's own peculiar appeal.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

17. Likes aker39, Topdog, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    His legend was established with the knee that cracked Cement Head, and was only reiterated with that absolute bone crunching tackle on Hannebery early in the GF. He's a beauty.

Wish he wouldn't persist with kicking on that awkward left foot at every opportunity but even that has it's own peculiar appeal.
    Thing is, it's dinky looking but pretty reliable.