Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  62
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round 18, 2017 - Western Bulldogs V Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    Its good to win a couple and one on the road. Next week is another cut throat final.
    Recovery is super important this week. Massive massive game next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Players must not like Rocket Eade. How can that much talent lie down this badly...?
    It will take some explaining won't it?
    Tough old gig for the coaches and this won't help him getting an extension.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Solid win in the end.

A few aspects of our game have looked better the last 2 weeks, which is pleasing. Out of form players are getting back to their best and our 1-3 year players continue to look more comfortable and confident.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I got some of my wishes in that last quarter. Very important win for us. Tragic for Moz. Feel very bad for him. Picko was immense. Jack Redpath played a four quarter game. Biggsie was back to his best form - mopping up down back. Honeychurch was in the game from the get go. McLean very good along with Daniel.
    Still a long way to go but we are heading in the right direction.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    We will open them up now they have fired their best shot.
    Good call and glad someone else was feeling as comfortable as me about the game.

Suns lifted for a bit but it never felt like they were a real threat or that they could maintain their performance beyond a brief period

Post Thanks / Like

Really solid strong win today. We really picked it up in the final quarter but I thought we were for most of the game the better team.

Picken was excellent - 6 goals, Daniel very good loved that turn he did, Bailey Dale has had a good year and kicked a few goals - particularly like the one where Honeychurch tackled the GC player gave it to Wally then JJ who ran and got it to Dale to finish, JJ has got some spark back and loved some of his run, Biggs very solid, McLean another good game, Bonti hasn't had the best ever year but liked his game tonight - such an important player and a joy watching what he can do each week. Lewis Young and Mitch Honeychurch did a lot of good things. HC I reckon has picked up a bit.

Great to kick 16 goals over 100 points as that is an area we struggle with.

Big game now next week in the local derby (Bulldogs v Bombers) at Etihad and heaps on the line. Need to get the win again.

Cmon Bulldogs!!
    Last edited by Eastdog; 22-07-2017 at 10:24 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Next week is going to be huge. Winner makes the finals almost.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to get a percentage lift, but given the opposition i am not convinced we're through the slump.
    Good to see Picko return to form and Biggs return to last years form.
    But still scratchy from Libba and in reality, we still fluffed easy chances, gave away turnovers to readily and we really only belatedly pulled away from a young and depleted Suns team only when they ran out of breath.
    Maybe I'm just a curmudgeonly and bitter man, but I'm not brimming with confidence heading into a season defining game against the Bombers on the back of that game.

Post Thanks / Like

Very happy with a lot of players tonight they all look on the up .
    Reserves looked pretty good today especially down back with Roberts , dad and Boyd.
    Morris will probably be swapped with Roberts looking at Essendons tall, unless we send Wood back.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Next week is going to be huge. Winner makes the finals almost.
    Huge. Will give us the advantage in playing finals again in 2017 to defend our flag if we win.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 22-07-2017 at 10:22 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Good call and glad someone else was feeling as comfortable as me about the game.

Suns lifted for a bit but it never felt like they were a real threat or that they could maintain their performance beyond a brief period
    Yea that was the most comfortable I've felt all year during the game. When our ball use is good we are very hard to beat.

13. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought we were much better tonight broadly, some smaller attention to detail issues remained but not to the extent GCS were ever going to get close.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    Yoh trollling bad now?
    Great minds think alike.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Good to get a percentage lift, but given the opposition i am not convinced we're through the slump.
    But still scratchy from Libba and in reality, we still fluffed easy chances, gave away turnovers to readily and we really only belatedly pulled away from a young and depleted Suns team only when they ran out of breath.
    Maybe I'm just a curmudgeonly and bitter man, but I'm not brimming with confidence heading into a season defining game against the Bombers on the back of that game.
    I'm in your corner on this one. We beat a depleted outfit when they ran out of gas. They were with us for three quarters - that's a worry.
    Our ball use is still very poor. We are missing targets by hand and foot.
    Some good signs though with some players getting back in form and continued good showings from several youngsters.
    We have finals arriving early this year. The players must know that and be up for it. Drop no game and we are in. Drop one game and we are 50/50, drop two games and we are a snowflakes chance in hell.
    Let's go Dogs.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Agree GC aren't the best side going around but we don't have our best side running around and to lose Moz relatively early makes it harder again. I thought we were good with the ball considering it was pretty windy and they got most of their goals out the back which kills us most weeks.

Just look at it this way, a trainer sometimes sends a good horse back in class to get a kill for it's confidence. That was ours.