Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  62
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round 18, 2017 - Western Bulldogs V Gold Coast Suns

How classy was Rocket post game, when he's suffered a loss that really does look like it will put yet another nail in his coffin as senior coach, to provide such a glowing assessment to Moz?

"He's as good a player as I have coached."

You could genuinely see the regard he has for Dale and the sincerity in his words, and lets' not forget the calibre of player's Rocket has coached.

Classy stuff from Rocket.

2. Likes KT31, Sedat, Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Morris is so tough . Cannot imagine the pain he must be feeling TV showed him getting off the ground quickly and looked so calm . Eade praised him for his mental toughness. Get well soon Morris.
    We've undoubtedly seen plenty more players wear our colours, blessed with more talent than Dale. But has there ever been anyone who has worn the red, white and blue that has given more, endured more, and has shown more grit, heart and determination for his team than Dale?
    Always the odds stacked against him, even just getting on an AFL list in the first place. Dale always gives more than most are willing or are able, just to find that .0001% more effort that might be the difference.
    I admire him so much. And I don't count him out. But also I would not begrudge him if he said, that two broken legs, 1 broken back and a broken arm, and countless other injuries that have not been mentioned are enough.

No one in our club history has earned the right to say enough is enough more than Dale. No one has given more of themselves in our club history in my opinion. Dale Morris is a legend of our club, and deserves more accolades externally than he has been given by the broader AFL community.

He epitomises all that is good about our game from the perspective of desirable traits as a human being displayed through the prism of football. Will, competitiveness, fairness, humility, leadership, and the desire to give their very best always and to rise above adversity and setbacks.
    His career is the distillation of all of the traits we wish we could all possess.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw him do a left knacker during a VFL game trying to squeeze between the fence and coaches box at the whitten oval last year and he still played the next week.
    Was quite funny and he had a good laugh with me when I warned him about it.
    I told him theirs a gate two yards down and he was injury prone so don't do it again.
    Really relaxed happy person.
    Much like Cloke was yesterday. :-)
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Is that 5 in a row against the Suns now?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to compare Saturday's line up with our Premiership team.
    Out: Hamling, M. Boyd, T. Boyd, T.Dickson, C. Smith, J. Stringer J Dunckley and F Roberts
    IN: Bob, B. Dale, J. Redpath, L. Young, B. Williams,
    M. Wallis, M. Suckling and M Honeychurch

Quite a different side. Not sure how that compares with Geelong, Adelaide, Sydney etc.
    Last edited by merantau; 24-07-2017 at 01:38 PM.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

7. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I'm in your corner on this one. We beat a depleted outfit when they ran out of gas. They were with us for three quarters - that's a worry
    Don't forget the strong breeze that Gold Coast had for 2 of the first 3 quarters, and we were still 15 points up at 3/4 time. The wind actually started to die down a bit later in the game so we did well to finish so strongly, with a man down and in warm conditions
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I wish we played more in Cairns....happy hunting ground.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Personally I wish we played more in Cairns....happy hunting ground.
    Jack Macrae would agree....he's stacking up a monster record at the ground! He even took a pack mark yesterday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Jack Macrae would agree....he's stacking up a monster record at the ground! He even took a pack mark yesterday!!
    Hopefully the Cairns Cassowaries never enter the AFL. Jack would be the first player they target.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Hi YHF - apologies for my late late and shortened responses to your posts, I'm at Hotham with the Outlaws and partner, meaningful WOOF posts are hard to construct..........
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

13. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Hi YHF - apologies for my late late and shortened responses to your posts, I'm at Hotham with the Outlaws and partner, meaningful WOOF posts are hard to construct..........
    Since when was that a requirement?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

15. Likes Twodogs, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    They were completely cooked in the last.
    I don't know why some are hailing this a great victory? It was a solid win, in the end against a very poor opposition who are down on confidence, had late withdrawals over past couple of days and are very green.
    We looked very ordinary, in patches, as we have done all season in every single game. Hardly the sort of performance that would indicate our patchiness is behind us.

Bevo's demeanour throughout the night and in the post game prrsser was not that of a coach brimming with 4 qtrs of data that would tell him we are through the other side of our slump.
    You aren't giving us enough credit and have been hitting the red wine too hard. We have NO fowardline. Don't worry about Ablett and May we killed them essentially with a makeshift forward line AGAIN.
    Heading into the year we had the mouth watering prospect of a killer forward line labeled the third best in the comp at the start of the year behind GWS and the Crows. Yet, none of;

F: Dickson Boyd Stringer
    HF: Crameri Cloke Dunkley

played last night. We are frankly lucky to kick a score. In a tight even year with a heavy emphasis on defence any win is a sensational win. Testament to our mids rolling forward and thank the Bulldog gods for Liam Picken and the improvement of Dale.

The missing piece is Stringer. We need to cover him for another fortnight and need him to find his best upon his return otherwise we may just miss out.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

17. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    You aren't giving us enough credit. We have NO fowardline. Don't worry about Ablett and May we killed them essentially with a makeshift forward line AGAIN.
    Heading into the year we had the mouth watering prospect of a killer forward line labeled the third best in the comp at the start of the year behind GWS and the Crows. Yet, no of;

F: Dickson Boyd Stringer
    HF: Crameri Cloke Dunkley

played last night. We are lucky to kick a score last night. Testament to our mids rolling forward and thank the Bulldog gods for Liam Picken and the improvement of Dale.
    Great point.....and you forgot Clay Smith.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

19. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Great point.....and you forgot Clay Smith.
    Included Dunks as an afterthought.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Great win. More so the timing of it and the margin, away from home with very different conditions to Etihad and a first time forward line and short backline and Dale Morris going down. We had to win like that to have a hope of making the finals and defend our premiership and we did it against our season's form. We will need every ounce of confidence its given us.
    Essendon must now have suspicion that they may encounter more than they had hoped.
    Footscray Football Republic.