Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned-round 18 v the Suns.

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    1. Improvements in our young brigade . We are still a young side
    2. Strong finish
    3. Nice touch from Rocket re- Dale Morris
    What did rocket say?
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

We have had 2 much needed wins against 15th and 16th on the ladder, we will need to go to another level to win next week.
    Biggs and Dahl playing well gives us a lift back and forward.
    Bob and Libba look entirely disinterested,

Post Thanks / Like

Rocket Eade said ,in part, during his post-match "he is as good a player as I've coached, he's been a superstar".

4. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jack Macrae can take a strong overhead grab.
    Bailey Dale is a lock in for the season.
    JJ is on the way back.
    Fox commentators are rolled gold awful.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    What did rocket say?

He asked a jouurno about Dale and you could see the concern on his face. He said that "Dale Morris is as good as any player I have ever coached." He also said he was the best in the comp at playing on talls and smalls (something like that)
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

7. Thanks ratsmac thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Not a Dermot fan but he had an interesting point....if it is true. He claims the same blokes are still getting the high free kicks which if true begs the question as to why?

In Toby's case I have no doubt he isn't getting the same number of high free kicks as last year but he still gets them more than others. He doesn't duck and he appears to have eliminated the shrug...most of the time. I'm not sure he even drops his knees but appears to simply not come up fully after gathering the ball. That's smart football in my book but he won't win himself any fans outside of the bulldogs clan.
    Toby just seems to stay low generally. At this point it's just poor technique from the opposition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    1. Dale Morris - selfless gives everything to the team
    2. We still can't hit targets around the ground, by hand and foot
    3 Picken to stay as a small forward.
    Regarding the second point - i thought yesterday was one of our better games for hitting targets and linking up through the ground.

A lot of good signs yesterday.
    Last edited by Twodogs; 23-07-2017 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Cleaned up html

10. Thanks Twodogs, jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Honeychurch can become a serviceable AFL player. His last couple of weeks have been good.

2. This'll beBobs last year. Has been a Bulldog great but its time to pass the baton.

3. Somethings just not right with Libba. Either hes injured or his hearts just not in it.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    1. Honeychurch can become a serviceable AFL player. His last couple of weeks have been good.

2. This'll beBobs last year. Has been a Bulldog great but its time to pass the baton.

3. Somethings just not right with Libba. Either hes injured or his hearts just not in it.
    Funny, I watched for signs yesterday and thought that the interaction between Libba and the rest of the players was better than it had been for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Funny, I watched for signs yesterday and thought that the interaction between Libba and the rest of the players was better than it had been for a while.
    I thought he showed more intensity. But there are long periods of each match where you forget he's out there. I suspect for Libba more than most, the Home & away season is dreary and pedestrian. He's just waiting for the big stage, the only problem being that it's those must win, slightly boring games which get you there.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I thought he showed more intensity. But there are long periods of each match where you forget he's out there. I suspect for Libba more than most, the Home & away season is dreary and pedestrian. He's just waiting for the big stage, the only problem being that it's those must win, slightly boring games which get you there.
    His father never had problems with motivation.
    Nanna used to say "they'll never come back to the farm after they've seen the can can in Paris" Libba's problem is there won't be any dancing anywhere unless he displays some of yesterday's form a bit more consistently. We are a better team with Tom up and running.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to how Libba tackles next year's pre season. Then we will see how important footy still is to him.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    So are you calling him an ignorant dickhead?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

This is not a 'thing I've learned' - but something re-affirmed from Saturday's game - that Mitch Wallis is just a terrific footballer.

When the ball is in his area, I just find that he is so reliable at winning or at least halving the contest - and doing the right thing either around the ball, or near the ball.

He is a player that again proves that there is so much more to footy than being fast or overly athletic.

Really like him spending time at half forward, really good in a one on one and an excellent set shot kick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    This is not a 'thing I've learned' - but something re-affirmed from Saturday's game - that Mitch Wallis is just a terrific footballer.

When the ball is in his area, I just find that he is so reliable at winning or at least halving the contest - and doing the right thing either around the ball, or near the ball.

He is a player that again proves that there is so much more to footy than being fast or overly athletic.

Really like him spending time at half forward, really good in a one on one and an excellent set shot kick.
    And great hands. Lost count of the number of times his quick hands brought others into the game.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.