Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned-round 18 v the Suns.

The one-grab and release handball to JJ who set up Dale - was particularly good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    This is not a 'thing I've learned' - but something re-affirmed from Saturday's game - that Mitch Wallis is just a terrific footballer.

When the ball is in his area, I just find that he is so reliable at winning or at least halving the contest - and doing the right thing either around the ball, or near the ball.

He is a player that again proves that there is so much more to footy than being fast or overly athletic.

Really like him spending time at half forward, really good in a one on one and an excellent set shot kick.
    16 cont.poss - great game from Mitch
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    This is not a 'thing I've learned' - but something re-affirmed from Saturday's game - that Mitch Wallis is just a terrific footballer.

When the ball is in his area, I just find that he is so reliable at winning or at least halving the contest - and doing the right thing either around the ball, or near the ball.

He is a player that again proves that there is so much more to footy than being fast or overly athletic.

Really like him spending time at half forward, really good in a one on one and an excellent set shot kick.
    He's a gem. An absolute gem. In my mind's eye I can see the look on Mitch's face as he pickpockets the ball out of the pack of Sydney players to get it to Libba who gets it to Daniel to Bont to JJ for the winner in 2014. Mitch trails the ball like a sheepdog would while Sydney players grab at it and knock it around and as soon as there is one centremetre of space Mitch shoots his hands in, grabs the ball out and we are away. His eyes light up when he sees a chance to win the ball.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    So are you calling him an ignorant dickhead?
    Umm?? I don't get what this question is about.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic