Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers and Anchors - Round 18 vs Gold Coast Suns

Bankers - Besides a period in the 3rd , our forward entries were better
    - Picken , excellent today
    - As soon as it gets tough GC turn their toes up, always .
    Anchors - Football injustice Dale Morris getting injured
    - The Fox commentary is just appalling . A player gets grabbed high and regardless of previous frees, it's a free kick .

Post Thanks / Like

B:
    -Picken - your a champion with 6 goals. the first 3 goals in the first quarter were a god send.
    -Our young players emerging and had good games: Dale, Young, Williams. Its great to see
    -a few nice goals by Libba and Murphy, seeing their touch of class of old
    -We got our kicking and accuracy right in the last quarter, so it was good to see.
    -Woods marking was excellent today.
    -Redpath went further up the ground in the first half, and he took some good contested marks.

Anchor:
    Suckling first clanger gave GCS their first goal. Just so obvious. a 50/50 into the corridor, with 1 doggies and 3 suns players around.
    Injuries - Morris , hoping you have a fast and speedy recovery
    Hanley for snapping Roughead in the head way after the mark was taken. 50m penalty was deserverd.
    If Redpath gets suspended, my lost of faith with the AFL Tribunal and their hatred for us, just continues to be validated.

Just a side note, Darcy Macpherson looks really built up now, and he had a pretty good game.

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to give three Bankers because the contribution was either very even, or lacklustre after maybe two efforts.

B:
    Macrae 1st half and overhead marking.
    Bailey Dale goals.
    BOG L Picken.

A:
    Bobby 😩. Really struggled. Just doesn't seem to have any joy left in his footy.
    Broken arm for Morris. From a fairly innocuous but illegal push IMO. That stuff is where the tunnelling hysteria emerges from. Lynch is a bit of a dirty prick.
    Libba. Showing a few good things, but he is all at sea. Bobbing up and down like this.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Lynch tunnelled as well.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I thought Lynch tunnelled as well.
    I have to say my impression was that Dale was a bit far under the ball and tried to come back on it and Lynch stood his ground. I didn't think Lynch did much wrong.

Bankers:
    Biggs - that was a great all around game, defended against bigger opponents, used it really well
    Williams - still a work in progress but his ball use is great, definitely an heir to Murph.
    JJ - his speed and run will be critical against Essendon, good to see him getting back to it.

Anchors:
    Bont - tough call but was below his best yesterday
    Libba - is a fair way off still. Cameos but no consistency.
    Murphy - decision making was distinctly un-Bob like
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Lynch did tunnel. He looked at Morris first before the ball. It wasn't a severe tunnel but still a tunnel.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers
    The continued improvement of Dale, Williams and Young.
    Picken for 6 goals.
    Redpath for his presence around the ground, adds some much needed grunt and aggression.

Anchors
    Dale Morris' injury, wish him well, Rocket Eade said he "is as good a player as I've coached, he's been a superstar".
    Dwayne Russell's commentary, I rate Gerard Whately as a commentator somewhere around a 9, Dwayne....pick any number with a minus before it.
    Bob Murphy, for some reason doesn't look interested at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Libba. Showing a few good things, but he is all at sea. Bobbing up and down like this.
    Libba is an interesting one. It's like Bevo is trying to light a rocket under him but it isn't working. He's being played as an outside mid and doing OK at it, whilst not being very involved. He was on ball more in the last and his contested work came to the fore again
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers.
    Picken - excellent game
    Redpath - ditto. Does MRP have its own vision ? If not I hope they don't listen to the hysterics coming from the commentators.
    3. Young players doing very nicely.
    Anchors.
    1. Injury to Moz
    2. Libba still off the pace
    3. Roughie did not give us much.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get the angst over the Redpath hit on Lynch. From the angle we all saw it looked like a text book jumper punch to Lynch's jaw/face. Don't recall him having a prior record and the hit was low level with Lynch showing no ill effects. Seems like a fine to me but after the Easton Wood debacle....who knows?
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers
    1. JJ finding some space and while in that space he found his lost confidence. I think he's turned the corner.
    2. Running out the game. Also running out a game interstate. We have played some terrible second halves this year and early in the third I thought here we go again. We steadied, albeit against an ordinary Gold Coast Suns outfit but we steadied none the less, which is something that we have struggled to do for much of the season. A nice little confidence boost coming up against a confident Essendon.
    3. Picken. 6 sausages. More of that please. He looks like he is gaining some much needed form since being knocked out earlier in the season.

Banchor
    Hunter - he played probably his best game of the season and probably matched his average form from last year which is banker worthy BUT his inability to hit a target 20 metres away on their own is not AFL quality. His foot skills are terrible for a bloke who gets so much of the footy.

Anchors
    1. Morris' injury obviously. Footy can be a cruel game.
    2. Suckling's decision making. I have no doubt he has been given licence to go for these daring kicks because they can cut through opposition zones when they work. But its when he chooses to go for it where he has no cover if it doesn't come off. That is just plain dumb. I wish he had half the footy smarts as Caleb Daniel with that leg canon of his.
    3. Stuffing up certain goals with a wrong option or skill error. It happens too many times every week.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Don't get the angst over the Redpath hit on Lynch. From the angle we all saw it looked like a text book jumper punch to Lynch's jaw/face. Don't recall him having a prior record and the hit was low level with Lynch showing no ill effects. Seems like a fine to me but after the Easton Wood debacle....who knows?
    Not sure if it's enough to change anything but he goit suspended for kneeing a Melbourne player last year.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Wood copped a dollar fine but because it was his third, he was suspended for a week. (Mine you the report was ridiculous)

Agree, Redpath should cop a fine.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The lack of cameras at Cairns might help Jack too

Post Thanks / Like

I'll call it a push that hit Lynch in the head that happened to have a fistful of jumper. A jumper head push is not a reportable offence.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

16. Likes SonofScray liked this post