Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  41
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round 19, 2017 - Western Bulldogs V Essendon

I love seeing Jesus Watson really struggling. It's nothing against him, more so, I really hate that his Dad gets to cheer lead for him and the EFC and make excuses for them across multiple media channels.

I love hating Tim Watson. He never makes a good point, and provides me with constant ammunition as to why the anglo wanker element of the EFC is so fun to take the piss out of.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes bornadog, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I'll wait for Tuesday night once the votes are counted before I humble brag 2 out of 3.
    Good estimating.

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Best day at the footy since we unveiled the premiership flag. It was a game that had everything. It was exciting to watch and it was also very strategic all day. We allowed them the corridor a bit too much but we were ready for their fast movement through there most times. It was Daniher's aerial dominance that we were struggling to control. Daniher is good to watch.
    Bevo summed it up when he said their fast break style allowed us to score more freely but we don't like to concede 100 points as a rule.
    It was good to see a solid contribution from all 22. Everyone had moments during the game.
    I loved seeing their cocky supporters leaving early too.
    Finally I am looking forward to watching a replay which is something I have hardly done this season.
    I've still watched them though. I just haven't enjoyed them.

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    JJ had to be exposed to what he was earlier this season and work through it, which he has to an extent. He's still a developing player, and now the competition knows we can use him forward just as well as they know he's working through hard tagging in defence.

I'm not sure sticking him forward immediately or after one or two pastings (remember, he also played a defencive role or two) would have been the right way to go. You need to see how players can come through issues.
    Exactly.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I love seeing Jesus Watson really struggling. It's nothing against him, more so, I really hate that his Dad gets to cheer lead for him and the EFC and make excuses for them across multiple media channels.

I love hating Tim Watson. He never makes a good point, and provides me with constant ammunition as to why the anglo wanker element of the EFC is so fun to take the piss out of.
    FWIW Tim Watson tipped us on Friday night.

5. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    FWIW Tim Watson tipped us on Friday night.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes azabob, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Even Heppell is laughing at Goddard

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That would have to be the most pleased I've been after a game in 2017. Our defence, undersized but did pretty well. Joe was always going to kill us and could have done more damage. Up the ground the ball moved out far to easy for my likings and nearly every time we were out of position. Lew looks like a gem, shows poise and not afraid to take the game on. Cordy is tough and life after Morris doesn't look so grim with him there.

Still some work to do but we're looking better every week.

13. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to see Cloke back playing.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this was mentioned elsewhere - but that was our sixth highest home game attendance in our history (third highest at Docklands).

Edit: Also noticed that this season has been our highest average attendance in our history (although given we have GWS and then Port to finish off our home games - we won't finish in front of our 2006 figures).

16. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned elsewhere - but that was our sixth highest home game attendance in our history (third highest at Docklands).

Edit: Also noticed that this season has been our highest average attendance in our history (although given we have GWS and then Port to finish off our home games - we won't finish in front of our 2006 figures).
    I hope all the fans come out for the GWS game and boo their heart's out when they run on to the ground. Port match will be an issue due to ground capacity

18. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I hope all the fans come out for the GWS game and boo their heart's out when they run on to the ground. Port match will be an issue due to ground capacity
    We need to make it a hostile environment for them. Really make it as hard as we can for them.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

What I liked and have liked over the last couple of weeks is they way some of our younger and lesser known players are becoming more influential. Webb, Williams, Dale, Young, Honey (though no this week) mean we have pushed through another group of guys reaudy to a) put pressure on guys already there and b) replace them as they drop in form, get injured or retire

21. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree FK. Goodness forbid, even if we not play finals this year I think our young ones look good, hopefully we re-sign Dale and Webb, and with some Dalyrmple and Macartney magic 2018 looks a lot more promising than it did a few weeks ago.