Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  41
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round 19, 2017 - Western Bulldogs V Essendon

Highest intensity game we've played all year.

It's good to see we have the capacity to play with speed and defend against it. It's not a finals style that Essendon play, but to be good enough structurally and smart enough with our transition play to win against them was a big step.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Daniher could kick 100 one day.
    Think I had him #1 in my top 20 in our draft forum 5 or however many years ago it was. He's so good at ground level for a big man (and incredible in the air).

He's got a bit Draymond Green with his leg kicks in the contest though...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

Dogs by 11 points
    Webb first goal
    Bont best on
    I'll wait for Tuesday night once the votes are counted before I humble brag 2 out of 3.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I'll wait for Tuesday night once the votes are counted before I humble brag 2 out of 3.
    Fair effort especially the Webb one.
    Bring back the biff

5. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Daniher seems a decent bloke willing to let his footy to the talking (and it talks plenty) unlike many of his team mates. Hooker in particular could lean a thing or two from his junior.
    Awesome player to watch. He, Tippa and to a lesser extent Merrett are the first Essendon players I have liked. Daniher can do anything and does.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was an excellent performance all round once we got settled. We structured well to ensure we could moderate their fast break influence, but also play a fast game ourselves. It's telling that every time the game tightened up it was our structure and our players ability to hold it that was the defining factor. Sure they let some opportunities go, but that's partially a byproduct or the pressure they were under.

There were probably only two aspects of our game that really frustrated me today.

1. Three fifty metre penalties that really didn't need to be given away. No excuse from Bob and Libba going over the mark like they did, and I'm not going to say anything about Jacko's effort lest I let myself down

2. Piss farting around between wing and half forward with over handling and not driving forward with lowered eyes in the third and fourth quarters. Much of what the Bombers were able to do on the counter was because of that

The rest was gold. Aside from one or two patches each quarter our skill level was excellent, as was our decision making. I believe we're fitter than we have been as mentioned in one of last week's threads, it's showing in the way we hit the contests and run out quarters.

We're only getting better too, the competition will be shitting itself if we win the next two.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

8. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very pleased with that performance today.

Initially it looked like we would be in for a long day with the start we had but got back towards the end of the 1st quarter and had it pretty much on our terms since with a few nervous moments when they got within a goal etc.

Some good games from our players: Bont very good, JJ I reckon is back based on that performance today, Dickson very handy up forward

While it was a hard day for the defence I thought Cordy and Young tried hard.

Macrae, Daniel, Dahl involved as well.

Libba may not be 100% back to his old form but was a pretty good contributor on the scoreboard.

All in all a good day out at the footy with a bumper crowd over 48K getting a important victory over a local rival.

Go Bulldogs!!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

10. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Liked how Webb went in the earlier parts of the game. Kicked a great goal in the run today. Bont just need to be more accurate in front of goal but otherwise was pretty solid.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Season is a marathon, not a sprint

Is Bevo our coach or is it Bart Cummings? Trained to the minute...
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Best day at the footy since we unveiled the premiership flag. It was a game that had everything. It was exciting to watch and it was also very strategic all day. We allowed them the corridor a bit too much but we were ready for their fast movement through there most times. It was Daniher's aerial dominance that we were struggling to control. Daniher is good to watch.
    Bevo summed it up when he said their fast break style allowed us to score more freely but we don't like to concede 100 points as a rule.
    It was good to see a solid contribution from all 22. Everyone had moments during the game.
    I loved seeing their cocky supporters leaving early too.
    Finally I am looking forward to watching a replay which is something I have hardly done this season.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

14. Likes Eastdog, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have to ask the question: why did it take this long to give JJ an assignment up forward? He's been getting crushed mentally and physically for the past 2 months in a defensive role, and lo and behold, we move him around and it frees him up.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

16. Likes The bulldog tragician, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Have to ask the question: why did it take this long to give JJ an assignment up forward? He's been getting crushed mentally and physically for the past 2 months in a defensive role, and lo and behold, we move him around and it frees him up.
    Maybe we did it to drive his price down
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Maybe we did it to drive his price down
    JJ had to be exposed to what he was earlier this season and work through it, which he has to an extent. He's still a developing player, and now the competition knows we can use him forward just as well as they know he's working through hard tagging in defence.

I'm not sure sticking him forward immediately or after one or two pastings (remember, he also played a defencive role or two) would have been the right way to go. You need to see how players can come through issues.

19. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Big Game! Local Derby!

Margin: Dogs by 10 points

First Goal: Dahl to get us started

Best On Ground: Bailey Dale to have a great one

Crowd: 48,769

Go Bulldogs!!
    Nearly got the crowd. Altered it a 2nd time last night from around 46K. Twodogs and a few others were very close to the margin.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 30-07-2017 at 11:02 PM.

21. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How the hell wasn't Colyer done for incorrect disposal when he "gave" it off to Fantasia for the late EFC goal.

Just watched the highlights, and not sure if the footage is inconclusive - it looked really suss.