Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 23, 2017 Etihad Stadium - Hawthorn V Western Bulldogs

I wonder if the Bont has been carrying some major niggle this year as this is his worst year for disposal.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Its just hit Murph...almost lost it as he got close to the cheer squad.
    Thanks Murph and Boydy.. you've given so much to so many for so long in exactly the spirit that we want our champs to model.

Post Thanks / Like

No song for Bob & Keith.

That's putrid. The players should've won that and embraced the two in a huddle in the rooms. But no, shit performance and now quiet rooms with no song. Putrid.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    The effort is there and that's the scary thing - we have a crack but our game plan and skill execution is ludicrously inefficient with regard to scoreboard impact for effort expended
    Yep you're probably right about the effort sedat...its just extremely frustrating to watch our team butcher so many efforts thru insipid disposal. After the grand final last year, this has been one of the hardest years to watch.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Yep you're probably right about the effort sedat...its just extremely frustrating to watch our team butcher so many efforts thru insipid disposal. After the grand final last year, this has been one of the hardest years to watch.
    My most unenjoyable season ever. By a country mile.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    To me it was just a year of no momentum. Even with the 5 wins at the start, most were lucky. For me, the writing on the wall was in those 5 games.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Me too. How odd does that feel given we've been through the Rohde and McCartney era's within the past 14 years?
    A measure both of expectation and how none of our games even our wins have been enjoyable or indicative of our best football.
    We've been convincingly unconvincing in every single game at some period.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Me too. How odd does that feel given we've been through the Rohde and McCartney era's within the past 14 years?
    A measure both of expectation and how none of our games even our wins have been enjoyable or indicative of our best football.
    We've been convincingly unconvincing in every single game at some period.
    Yep. I was talking to a stranger at Brissy game at Etihad, where we slammed on 4 goals in the last 3 minutes. And said that was the worst 5 goal win ever. Weird?!

Post Thanks / Like

Lewis Young is a talent with a big future hopefully for our team but I'm not sure why he's been playing after he looked way off in the GWS game. Tonight it was almost like we were hiding him up forward in the second half not sure he touched it ? Tough season, hard to reconcile the drop off in intensity and manic pressure which was the hallmark of the side last season. Let's hope 2018 we can rediscover that spark. Thanks Bob and Boydy for all your efforts, legends.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Let's all put in and buy the midfield and forward coach a mobile phone number next year so they can contact each other.
    Our forward leading patterns are just not existent . Compared to the hawks who seem Composed have a structure and some useful marks. He'll even schoemakers can take a forward leading mark . Young was smoothered at full foward tongiht

Post Thanks / Like

So many chances to kick goals but disposal was just pathetic. Running into open goals and spraying he ball.
    you just shake your head.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no problem with our effort tonight......we just weren't smart enough. Some have mentioned it was a bit like the McCartney days.....multiple players running at the Hawks player with the ball only to see it released to someone else on the outside......time and time again. It goes a long way to explain the disparity in tackles. It seems like we were corralling rather than tackling but I think it was more to do with us having too many players committing to the ball carrier instead of manning up on the outliers.

Happy to wipe that season.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Our forward leading patterns are just not existent . Compared to the hawks who seem Composed have a structure and some useful marks. He'll even schoemakers can take a forward leading mark . Young was smoothered at full foward tongiht
    Name five bulldogs players who can consistently take an overhead mark in a contested situation? I struggle.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

A mystery to me is Cloke being basically rested after his best game of the year. It was our most important game of the season and we appeared to be using a game plan which requires a tall forward and we had a small setup. Bizarre . Bont and Libba both look like they've got the worst OP ever too can barely run.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    So many chances to kick goals but disposal was just pathetic. Running into open goals and spraying he ball.
    you just shake your head.
    The lack of skill has been evident all year. The effort was there but we went into the game without two recognised key forwards and one key back man. The highlight for me was the final game of Matthew Boyd who with 33 possessions was outstanding in a defence that struggled throughout. As expected Hawthorn's disposal was far superior and a major factor in the win. They also had the best forward on the ground in Roughead which proved to be the difference.