Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  29
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 8, 2018 vs Brisbane Lions

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Other than the obvious ruck issue, who goes to Zorko with Jong out? Or do we just let him do as he pleases?
    Honeychurch? He played on Merrett earlier this year.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Other than the obvious ruck issue, who goes to Zorko with Jong out? Or do we just let him do as he pleases?
    I guess Wallis
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I guess Wallis
    Yep. A professional tagger a few years back, probably our better option.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Honeychurch? He played on Merrett earlier this year.
    Would be my guess - I'm also guessing Wallis might play more forward this week.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Would be my guess - I'm also guessing Wallis might play more forward this week.
    I reckon the 2 players that need to be watched closely are Zorko and Rich. I like Wallis predominantly HFF on Rich, with Dunkley changing, while we'll probably rotate on Zorko, a bit HC, a bit Dunkley, a bit Dahlhaus?

Post Thanks / Like

What's the weather looking like in Melbourne. I'm in the Central West of NSW, 2 days ago it was mid-20s, it's currently snowing in my backyard!

8. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    What's the weather looking like in Melbourne. I'm in the Central West of NSW, 2 days ago it was mid-20s, it's currently snowing in my backyard!
    Some bloke is building an ark and gathering 2 of everything...

10. Likes N/A, bornadog, Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been mentioned somewhere here that Trengove has a history of completely beating up on Brisbane. It adds even more weight and likelihood to the “late in” theory/camp.

My guess is that it will be for Bont (suspecting he won’t be 100%) but my hope is that he is ready to go and it is for Honeychurch/Webb (although it would be pretty horrible to name Webb if there was no intention to play him).

Post Thanks / Like

Ive given up on our MC, I mean I know they are certified genius(tm) level selectors, but gosh they make it hard to understand what on earth is going on.....

No ruckman.... No worries?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    It has been mentioned somewhere here that Trengove has a history of completely beating up on Brisbane. It adds even more weight and likelihood to the “late in” theory/camp.

My guess is that it will be for Bont (suspecting he won’t be 100%) but my hope is that he is ready to go and it is for Honeychurch/Webb (although it would be pretty horrible to name Webb if there was no intention to play him).
    There has been some talk that Suckling didn't get through full training yesterday, he is another potential out?

Post Thanks / Like

Also an easy one to overlook is that Honey is in and Jong is out. Don't agree with that. Not sure what Honey offers that we don't get form Jong.

Post Thanks / Like

If HC isn't in the team to tag Zorko then I don't know what role he plays. His ability to distribute the ball effectively is well below average for a player of his size so the only option I see is for him is to negate a key member of the opposing team.

Post Thanks / Like

If you take Bevo at his word they wouldn't have picked the Bont if they were unsure, unlike last week:

“But he got through training last week and then was sore afterwards and we gave him until early morning Friday to let us know. We won't go that far, we just won't pick him if he can't train Thursday.”
    Yes he could still be a late out if he hasn't pulled up well from training yesterday, but I would expect him to play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    I reckon the 2 players that need to be watched closely are Zorko and Rich. I like Wallis predominantly HFF on Rich, with Dunkley changing, while we'll probably rotate on Zorko, a bit HC, a bit Dunkley, a bit Dahlhaus?
    Beams is better than both, but Zorko is more taggable.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    If HC isn't in the team to tag Zorko then I don't know what role he plays. His ability to distribute the ball effectively is well below average for a player of his size so the only option I see is for him is to negate a key member of the opposing team.
    He took Harbrow last week so perhaps negate Rich's rebound as a defensive forward?

Then Wallis plays a run with role on Zorko and Macrae goes head to head with Beams. Leaves McLean as the 'free' midfielder and he's in career best form.

They're tall in the front half so we will really want Crozier, Williams and Richards to run off at every opportunity and tall in the back half so the chaos ball might get a work out this round.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers