Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  48
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 7, 2018 - Western Bulldogs V Gold Coast Suns at Eureka Stadium, Ballarat

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Webby, were you part of the WB lounge ?
    The seating is very cramped
    Yep, WB lounge was it. For the price, thought I could simply stand out back, old school, WONstyle, but kept getting the shove off...

Disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 7, 2018 - Western Bulldogs V Gold Coast Suns at Eureka Stadium, Ballarat

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Yep, WB lounge was it. For the price, thought I could simply stand out back, old school, WONstyle, but kept getting the shove off...

Disappointing.
    I thought it was $130 but either way its not really a value for money experience. I'll be interested to see the next phase of the grounds development.
    It seems to be a bit petty not to allow you to stand behind the seated area but they probably have some reasons why.

I was fortunate to be sitting near Micheal Rowland and Mark Seymour plus Dougie and the darl were just a few more seats along.
    Thought the weather was almost perfect
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Dermie used to date her?
    Is Dermie the boys dad ?

Post Thanks / Like

I wish the AFL would publish a copy of the new rules when they decide to change them on a whim.

Taking a juggling mark is now play on.
    Deliberately running over the mark is no longer a 50m penalty.
    The protected zone on the boundary side now extends into the crowd.
    As for the holding the ball/incorrect disposal rule, that is an absolute lottery that always seems to come up snake eyes for the Doggies.

I don't usually complain about the umpiring as it is something that you can't control, but today was not AFL standard.

I still believe that playing games in Ballarat is a huge step backwards for the club. Today's sparce crowd is a terrible look for the team that won a premiership less than 2 years ago.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the first . Out and about a bit today
    Brereton is the kids father . Put your house in it !
    Although what I saw a few weeks ago she’s probably going to be a bit old for Dermie

6. Likes SquirrelGrip, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Did I see Dunkley take a ruck tap contest tgat Boyd was roving in the last quarter?

I reckon he got both touches in the marking contest and that was enough for the umpire to decide there was enough confusion for it to be called touched.

That's tge worst umpiring I've ever seen. 12-1 in the first quarter is plain silly. Personally I would have taken my players off at that stage. If they wanted it that badly they can have it.
    Agree - worst umpiring I have ever seen. Absolutely disgraceful. Number 29 was the worst. We played against 25 today.
    Josie :)

Our day will come
    And we'll have everything.
    We'll share the joy
    Just like '54 again.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a look below. We have been young all year. But today was a new level again. Yes, they are young too, but a clear year and season worth of experience per man (which is massive when you are so young).

Gutsy, gutsy win.

Western Bulldogs Attribute Gold Coast
    186.9cm Height 188.3cm
    84.5kg Weight 85.2kg
    22yr 7mth Age 23yr 9mth
    53.3 Games 71.2

9. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a horrible game to watch.
    Conditions weren't that bad. The wind was blowing across the ground sort of diagonally and favouring the eastern end.
    The umpiring was appallingly one-sided at times, baffling at other times and atrocious in between.
    They cracked in from go to whoa and for the most part used the ball better than us. They were gifted a couple of goals by the umps.
    The 50mt penalty for encroaching on the mark has to GO! Is JJ just expected to allow the bloke with the ball a free hand pass to his team mate who's running past?
    Jack Macrae is a really fine player. He just never gives in. His effort to win the hard ball, link up with a couple of team mates and then run around the boundary, take a couple of bounces and then centre the ball for a goal was out of the top drawer.
    We are winning - that's a lot better than losing
    Win next week and we're 4/4. Who would've thought? Go Dogs! The kids are getting the job done.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

So for a while now we've said that if you add a few goals to Macrae he's in the elite category. Seems to me that he's not only kicking goals and looking much more reliable when doing so but even his general kicking has improved enormously. Are we ready to push that button? Is he now elite?

12. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m really surprised at the comments here. The skills were poor, yes it’s frustrating but our age profile right now is below that of the Acronyms and Suns in their first year when they were regularly belted. I could not fault the heart of our team and their determination in the last quarter. I’m pretty sure there are only 8 premiership players left so it’s not like the same group have had a catastrophic slide.

I enjoyed a lot of things about today. My god Jack Macrae is a beauty. I am so glad he’s ours. And I love watching our kids...they’re raw, some look fatigued, but the potential is exciting.

We have been decimated by injury but our spirit hasn’t broken like you’d think it may. A very valiant win in the circumstances.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

14. Thanks Webby thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, bornadog, Eastdog, josie, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    So for a while now we've said that if you add a few goals to Macrae he's in the elite category. Seems to me that he's not only kicking goals and looking much more reliable when doing so but even his general kicking has improved enormously. Are we ready to push that button? Is he now elite?
    Yes!

But other things make a player elite.

A guy who runs as hard in the last quarter as the first, who after being poleaxed when blindsided in the last qtr went straight back and won the next centre clearance. He is a gem.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

16. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Yeah was going to ask about that. Sounds disappointing.
    Too many people won't take the trip up the highway - not looking at anyone.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Average Attributes
    Western Bulldogs Attribute Gold Coast
    186.9cm Height 188.3cm
    84.5kg Weight 85.2kg
    22yr 7mth Age 23yr 9mth
    53.3 Games

This is unbelievable

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes Webby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'm not there yet as I haven't really been able to take the year in well, but I'd be lying if there's not some part of me thinking this.
    Please don't stoop to that level - you are better than that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I’m really surprised at the comments here. The skills were poor, yes it’s frustrating but our age profile right now is below that of the Acronyms and Suns in their first year when they were regularly belted. I could not fault the heart of our team and their determination in the last quarter. I’m pretty sure there are only 8 premiership players left so it’s not like the same group have had a catastrophic slide.

I enjoyed a lot of things about today. My god Jack Macrae is a beauty. I am so glad he’s ours. And I love watching our kids...they’re raw, some look fatigued, but the potential is exciting.

We have been decimated by injury but our spirit hasn’t broken like you’d think it may. A very valiant win in the circumstances.
    I think the issue with skills and decision making is that we see players who are experienced and have demonstrated they can be better than what they're displaying now, butcher the ball and make unnecessary errors. I can excuse a Naughton, Richards, Lipinski and Young making errors and not having the appropriate attention to detail, I really struggle with more experienced players who should be better more consistently struggling.

With respect to Jacko, I have been on board for a very long time and I do agree that he's in the elite bracket. Throughout his career to date he has had areas of his game that need working on each year, and each and every one of them has been enhanced - with goal kicking frequency being something that he's brought into his game these first few rounds. When I compare that to the bloke drafted one place before him, and the fact he has not improved in any basic area of the game since being drafted, I thank my lucky stars I get to cheer Jack on weekly. Tough as nails, skillful, and willing to stand up for us.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

22. Likes bornadog, Murphy'sLore, Webby, Go_Dogs liked this post