Thanks Thanks:  253
Likes Likes:  1,494
Page 145 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4595135136137138139140141142143144145146 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2182
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I don't want either. Cash in on both.
    I mean? it?s cool that Daicos kicked that goal to beat the Blues last night? but how about the hit out that made it happen!?

Ruck work and actual hit outs matter. English doesn?t ruck. I?m cashing him in too.

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for letting English go if we can get a tap ruckman who can win more taps than he does and also at least register as many taps to advantage as he does. But at a lower price, because in doing so we'll lose what English can give us around the ground and at secondary contests in general play.

What I'm not for is going backwards by losing any around the ground or secondary contest capability, and not improving in tap work and taps to advantage. Just to save a few bucks.

Not sure I understand the concept of being worse in a position to make us better overall. If we do let English walk we better find someone better at at least one of the things he does.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm all for letting English go if we can get a tap ruckman who can win more taps than he does and also at least register as many taps to advantage as he does. But at a lower price, because in doing so we'll lose what English can give us around the ground and at secondary contests in general play.

What I'm not for is going backwards by losing any around the ground or secondary contest capability, and not improving in tap work and taps to advantage. Just to save a few bucks.

Not sure I understand the concept of being worse in a position to make us better overall. If we do let English walk we better find someone better at at least one of the things he does.
    2026 Sam Darcy? Ideal 50/50 type
    We need a player to plug that gap. I'd be all for keeping Lobb and letting English go but I don;t think that's what we're looking at.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Likes GVGjr, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jordon Sweet is good enough to be first ruck for the 6th placed team but not good enough to get a game with the dogs placed 10th/11th according to the match committee and our expert posters who are content with list cloggers such as Vandermeer. Against the Crows he had 13 possessions 3 marks 5 tackles 29 hit outs and 4 clearances. Ironic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Jordon Sweet is good enough to be first ruck for the 6th placed team but not good enough to get a game with the dogs placed 10th/11th according to the match committee and our expert posters who are content with list cloggers such as Vandermeer. Against the Crows he had 13 possessions 3 marks 5 tackles 29 hit outs and 4 clearances. Ironic.
    Woop woop woop

How about the Lipinski guy, hey?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Woop woop woop

How about the Lipinski guy, hey?
    Just a lazy 24 possessions, 2 marks 5 tackles 4 clearances and a goal in the match of the round, not good enough for the mighty dogs, but hey we have Harmes

9. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Um he's only getting a game because their first ruck (who was the team that finished 13ths ruck last year) is out injured.

Sweet is hardly the main guy in a team that is coming 6th.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Um he's only getting a game because their first ruck (who was the team that finished 13ths ruck last year) is out injured.

Sweet is hardly the main guy in a team that is coming 6th.
    But the fact is Port rate him as good enough to be selected, we did not and never did and we do not have anything like a tap ruckman. In comparison, English had 28 hit outs 6 clearances against the Dockers, 25 and 2 v StKilda and 16 and 1 v Essendon.

Post Thanks / Like

But the fact is Port rate him as good enough to be selected, we did not and we do not have anything like a tap ruckman.
    We would have played him if English was injured. Playing both of them in the same game was a bit more problematic.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

13. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But the fact is Port rate him as good enough to be selected, we did not and we do not have anything like a tap ruckman.
    We picked him everytime our first ruck was out. Just like Port do.

Notice how when Soldo was playing they never picked Sweet?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like the only way Sweet got games with us is if we never recruited Lobb and English was ok playing as 2nd ruck

Post Thanks / Like

You think Bailey wants to fix this club or increase his brand exposure at last years premiers? (While we get bent over in a trade)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    You think Bailey wants to fix this club or increase his brand exposure at last years premiers? (While we get bent over in a trade)
    Isn’t this the Tim English thread?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Simple.

I would sit Bailey down now.

You are either sign up or you look for a club where we can be fairly compensated.

Otherwise you can see how it feels off broadway and flog your Barry drinks down at Arden street. Straight to NMFC you go.

19. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Simple.

I would sit Bailey down now.

You are either sign up or you look for a club where we can be fairly compensated.

Otherwise you can see how it feels off broadway and flog your Barry drinks down at Arden street. Straight to NMFC you go.
    He’s gone. His brand is the most important thing to him and our brand won’t help his. But I reckon he picks Collingwood or maybe Geelong and we are screwed. I threaten the PSD but there’s only so much those clubs can and will offer.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023