Thanks Thanks:  253
Likes Likes:  442
Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 105051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Aflw 2022/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aflw 2022/2023

I might be reading too much into it, but when Burke put the ‘professionalism’ into the public domain this year, I think it may have fractured the group. These things are better handled behind closed doors. I was not surprised at all to see him go.

2. Likes Testekill, Grantysghost, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 54Bulldog16 View Post
    I might be reading too much into it, but when Burke put the ‘professionalism’ into the public domain this year, I think it may have fractured the group. These things are better handled behind closed doors. I was not surprised at all to see him go.
    Agree that wouldn't have gone down well with the team.
    He walked it back, however the damage was done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
    I think this season was where things collapsed. Burke seemed to be lagging way behind the times and the game plan just wasn't good enough this year. We've already been established as a bit of a feeder club and having a bad season gives players another reason to want to go elsewhere to see some success.
    The game plan?

I actually have some sympathy for him here. If you can't get the ball - and if you do get it, you can't actually kick it to a team-mate, well, what possible game-plan could be effective? Couple that with a group of players who had a pretty low interest in defending off the ball...well...

The comments about professionalism should have been kept inside the room but did the players seem physically prepared to play footy? This can't be answered with a "well, if we were full-time" response...first you become professional in your actions, THEN you are paid as such. It doesn't work the other way around.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

From Cranston's interview on Danny/Boyd, the game plan seemed stagnant at best and non-existent at worst.

6. Thanks Bulldog4life, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From Cranston's interview on Danny/Boyd, the game plan seemed stagnant at best and non-existent at worst.
    Wow that's a fair indication Burke wasn't the right guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Rarely been so stoked by a trade. Zimmi is a talent.
    I'm pretty stoked with this one too; especially for all that has gone awry with our women's football program of recent years.

Zimmi was originally from my son's local jnr football club the Calamvale Leopards in Brisbane. She's a lovely girl too and all at the club were so proud of her debut game with the Lions.

As an aside my son Joshua (10 yrs old ) is about to move clubs next season though.....its tough for jnr footy in Brisbane. There are the few big clubs that seem to hoover up the kids (one local team has 9 under 8's teams regularly each season!!) whilst smaller clubs just wither.

Josh would've played his 50th game for the club this year, but broke his finger in two places and missed 8 weeks, so was left stranded on 46 games. Whilst he was disappointed to not get to 50 games with Calamvale this year, it was not enough for him to entertain playing another season with them...its such a shame. Lovely club, but the club has trouble getting numbers, and its almost reached a terminal point unfortunately AFLQ need to do something for junior footy up here in SEQ. Otherwise pretty soon it will just be maybe the massive clubs that are around.

9. Thanks Prince Imperial, GVGjr, josie, HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes weltschmerz, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    The game plan?

I actually have some sympathy for him here. If you can't get the ball - and if you do get it, you can't actually kick it to a team-mate, well, what possible game-plan could be effective? Couple that with a group of players who had a pretty low interest in defending off the ball...well...

The comments about professionalism should have been kept inside the room but did the players seem physically prepared to play footy? This can't be answered with a "well, if we were full-time" response...first you become professional in your actions, THEN you are paid as such. It doesn't work the other way around.
    The minimum the players should be doing is hitting targets. Can't stand the way they just bang the ball on their foot to no one. Very frustrating to watch. I guess it comes down to decision making
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The minimum the players should be doing is hitting targets. Can't stand the way they just bang the ball on their foot to no one. Very frustrating to watch. I guess it comes down to decision making
    Which is one of the reasons I am not overly concerned about losing Lynch. She's good in the contest, but her disposal is shocking and only seemed to be getting worse. We could do with somebody a lot more reliable with ball in hand.
    Crumbs!

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Daisy Pearce to coach West Coast, I wonder if we sounded her out?

Also:

Gold Coast vice-captain Bess Keaney is also set to leave Queensland and head to Essendon for family reasons, while defender Lauren Ahrens has chosen a move to the Western Bulldogs.

14. Thanks GVGjr, Prince Imperial thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Lamb officially to port Adelaide.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

16. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Daisy Pearce to coach West Coast, I wonder if we sounded her out?

Also:
    Not sure we could’ve afforded her!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Looks like Lamb officially to port Adelaide.
    Kirsty? Oh crikey. Wow... I'm surprised she's heart and soul with Ellie.

However, Lamb ? a premiership player for the Bulldogs in 2018 and an All-Australian and best-and-fairest winner at the club in 2022 (season six) ? has opted to take up an offer from the Power and is set to move in the coming days

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Kirsty? Oh crikey. Wow... I'm surprised she's heart and soul with Ellie.

However, Lamb ? a premiership player for the Bulldogs in 2018 and an All-Australian and best-and-fairest winner at the club in 2022 (season six) ? has opted to take up an offer from the Power and is set to move in the coming days
    I read on BF that she has family connections with Port and actually barracks for them!

Gould and Prowse are likely to stay at Adelaide (according to Riley Beveridge), surprise, surprise. There are three days remaining of the trade period, but this off season is looking very much like an overall disaster.

20. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So out: Lamb, Lynch, Moody, Newton (Cranston retired, Hunt and Bateman delisted)
    In: Farquharson, Ahrens, Laloifi, possibly Gavalas

22. Thanks Grantysghost, Prince Imperial, josie, bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    I read on BF that she has family connections with Port and actually barracks for them!

Gould and Prowse are likely to stay at Adelaide (according to Riley Beveridge), surprise, surprise. There are three days remaining of the trade period, but this off season is looking very much like an overall disaster.
    Pray Ellie stays.