Thread: Aflw 2022/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aflw 2022/2023

Quote Originally Posted by dadsgirl16 View Post
    she was just interviewed on SEN..sounds a beauty
    How good is this

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/HjdajWJz7Ts
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Hotdog60, W W Biscuit, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
    Kristie-Lee Weston-Turner needs a nickname very quickly.
    I?ll be joining her fanclub ?Weston-Turner Overdrive?
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, recent Instagram posts from Lynch and Newton.

3 years, 4 seasons, hundreds of chants, countless renditions of Jackie and a whole lifetime of memories later…Thankyou @bulldogsw with all my heart.

No words will ever do justice how much I have enjoyed my time at this football club.

To my incredible teammates over the journey, Thankyou for being my fount of energy and inspiration.

To the staff and club, Thankyou for believing in me, and for all your guidance and support.

To the fans, wider bulldogs community and sponsors I had the pleasure of playing for, Thankyou for being the driver behind it all.
    Thank you soooo very much to @bulldogsw for the past four years of footy!!! I am extremely grateful for the life long friends and the countless truly amazingggggggg people I’ve met through/at the club-be it supporters, staff and coaches. Thank you thank you thank you all!!!!! Especially a massive thank you to all my incredible teammates over the years in the red white and blue who I love simply more than words can describe �� thank you to my family for all their support as always, excited for the next part of the journey.

Post Thanks / Like

Are they trying to stop the booing before next season?
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

6. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    FWIW, recent Instagram posts from Lynch and Newton.
    It was all so amazing and wonderful that they left . Mmm makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Are they trying to stop the booing before next season?
    I won?t boo them but I?m gonna cheer extra loud for Ellie.

Loss of Newton really sucks as she was just realising her number 1 pick potential - I thought she was a shining light mainly in defence in a horrible season. Lamb I can kinda understand as I believe her family have Port connections. I think we can cover for Lamb although I loved her tenacity. (Time to become a vegetarian again). Lynch is a great mark but disposal and movement a bit wooden/restricted so hoping Eleanor Brown plays again and that Brown and Grant can at least partly cover for loss of Lynch.

9. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I won?t boo them but I?m gonna cheer extra loud for Ellie.

Loss of Newton really sucks as she was just realising her number 1 pick potential - I thought she was a shining light mainly in defence in a horrible season. Lamb I can kinda understand as I believe her family have Port connections. I think we can cover for Lamb although I loved her tenacity. (Time to become a vegetarian again). Lynch is a great mark but disposal and movement a bit wooden/restricted so hoping Eleanor Brown plays again and that Brown and Grant can at least partly cover for loss of Lynch.
    Are Brown's problems concussion related Josie?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Are Brown's problems concussion related Josie?
    I?m not sure. Listed as personal in doggies website. If not concussion then possibly mental health challenges. I spoke to someone at an AFLW match last year and they may have hinted at the latter. Thought she was a very exciting young player improving each week in 2022. Hope she is able to overcome whatever her health challenges are, and that she is also able to play footy for us too.

12. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Danny/Dean Laidley is putting his/her hand up for our women’s coaching job.
    I’m not opposed to it as he/she has a lot of experience in coaching.
    Has any senior AFL coach taken over an AFLW side before .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Apparently Danny/Dean Laidley is putting his/her hand up for our women’s coaching job.
    Darren Crocker (North) whilst never a full time senior coach was caretaker when Laidley resigned and filled in for Brad Scott a couple of times.

Post Thanks / Like

Could be a good get
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Do we go backwards to go forwards, I am also seeing reports of us getting Groves back.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs could turn to premiership coach Paul Groves

Western Bulldogs premiership coach Paul Groves is on the verge of returning to his old job at Whitten Oval as Hawthorn considers whether to hand Daniel Harford a second go at the helm of an AFLW side.

Groves, who led the Bulldogs to their only AFLW flag in 2018, is the leading contender for their senior coaching position as the club conducts its final round of interviews this week.

It?s understood a handful of candidates remain in contention to replace Nathan Burke after he was sacked in November with a year remaining on his contract as the Bulldogs slumped to the wooden spoon with a 1-9 record, including former North Melbourne coach Dani Laidley, who also applied for the West Coast job.

Melbourne assistant coach and Sandringham Dragons under-18 girls? head coach Tamara Hyett is also among the final names under consideration.

Groves could return to Whitten Oval after ending his inaugural three-year stint ahead of the 2020 season due to increasing family commitments.

He took up a position running the sports department at Parade College before becoming director of sport at St Bernard?s College, while he also coached St Bernard?s senior men in the VAFA between 2020 and 2022.

Last year, he was handed the reins of the VAFA?s representative women?s side in its annual interstate match.

He declined to comment when contacted by this masthead about the position.

It comes as Hawthorn strongly considers former player and Carlton AFLW coach Daniel Harford to replace Bec Goddard after parting ways with the inaugural coach at the end of the 2023 season.

It?s understood Harford and Daniel Webster, an assistant coach at reigning premier Brisbane, are the leading candidates as the Hawks prepare to announce their decision as early as this week.

Carlton sacked Harford last January after five seasons at the helm in the aftermath of an internal club review that also led to the departure of women?s football boss Brett Munro.

The review called for the Blues? coaching position to be made full-time and said there was ?at times confusion with the game plan and lack of alignment and consistency with its implementation?.

Harford led Carlton to the 2019 grand final and a semi-final win in the Covid-ruined 2020 season, but the Blues only managed two wins in his final campaign.

At the end of last season, with four AFLW coaching vacancies, including now-filled positions at Collingwood (Sam Wright) and West Coast (Daisy Pearce), Harford said he was ?keen to have a crack? at coaching a new side.

?Sitting there this season and watching from afar, you sit back and learn and you think about things you?ve done and what you might do differently next time,? he told Fox Footy in November.

?I remember talking with (former Western Bulldogs and Richmond coach) Terry Wallace, who?s had plenty of games coached in the AFL in the men?s system, he reckons your ?second tour of duty is always better than your first?.

?There?s plenty of examples of that in all levels of footy in the last 20 years, so I?d be keen to have a crack.?

18. Thanks GVGjr, azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Darren Crocker (North) whilst never a full time senior coach was caretaker when Laidley resigned and filled in for Brad Scott a couple of times.
    Also an ex-bulldogs player in Alan McConnell - coached Fitzroy near the end and also GWS in AFLW.

Post Thanks / Like

Side tracking so apologies in advance. Danni Laidley?s autobiography is really good. Highly recommend it. I?m guessing she?d be pretty passionate and having had some success with the Roos? AFL side, albeit a while ago, I think she?d be a great addition to our women?s coaching team.

21. Likes bornadog liked this post