Likes Likes:  442
Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1858596061626364656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1037

Thread: Aflw 2022/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aflw 2022/2023

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Ok I'll be the one.

History of drug abuse and stalking is this someone we want at the club in an important role?

I'm a live and let live kind of guy, however, I would certainly be concerned that a stressful environment may not be commensurate to good outcomes for her.

I'm risk averse, and as the head coach I'd be worried.
    In an assistant role for a couple of years I think that would be a good phase back in.

I'd not want Bomber Thompson doing it either.
    Good points.

2. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Female coach who's been involved in Melbourne's very successful (only one flag but lots of recruitment, strong player/club relationships) program would be mighty interesting to me.

Laidley's experience just doesn't sound like aflw coach to me. They weren't that successful at North and had a very confrontational style which would not be well received these days, and the police charges suggest that some of that style will not have gone away.

My understanding is that yes Groves is a premiership coach but the playing group was not disappointed when he left. When you compare the quality of our list now to then, it would be interesting to see what he could get out of this group...but I feel to some degree he got lucky with great initial drafting/recruiting.

4. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok I'll be the one.

History of drug abuse and stalking is this someone we want at the club in an important role?

I'm a live and let live kind of guy, however, I would certainly be concerned that a stressful environment may not be commensurate to good outcomes for her.

I'm risk averse, and as the head coach I'd be worried.
    In an assistant role for a couple of years I think that would be a good phase back in.

I'd not want Bomber Thompson doing it either.
    All fair points.

People can change and they can recover. I suspect Danni has come out the other side of a torrid time dealing with mental distress and the challenges of being a trans person in society generally, but also in the football world. I?d not want to trade places, that?s for certain.

They can and should be proud of their journey to recovery and have opportunities open up for them to pursue the things they want in life. If that?s footy, good, the game should be mature enough for it. Perhaps not straight into the lions den though, for reasons you?ve highlighted. I want to see some participation and performance in the role at the level below at least before taking the risk.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

6. Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if we have a timeline of naming a coach, you would think it would happen soon as the coach likes to have a say in assistants too.
    When do they start training together ? It’s a bit of a mystery to me . Do the players play in lower competitions in winter and wouldn’t you want them playing in the VFLW team so they learn positions and teammates that we want them to play in and with ?
    Eg they could be playing at a team that isn’t playing them in a position we want them to.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Must say I am confused he has become a she but I think has a female partner now .
    Sounds like cross dressing to me . We had a cross dresser in melton many years ago , very well known, didn?t care it was as obvious , would wear all the women?s clothes ,married 5 kids I believe, make up etc but the hairy legs were never worried about. Each to their own.
    You're mixing up sexual identity with sexual preference. Dani's still attracted to women, just like many other women are.

9. Likes Grantysghost, soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I wonder if we have a timeline of naming a coach, you would think it would happen soon as the coach likes to have a say in assistants too.
    The article I posted said final round of interviews this week, so an announcement seems imminent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    The article I posted said final round of interviews this week, so an announcement seems imminent.
    Sorry I missed it , but that’s good to hear.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    All fair points.

People can change and they can recover. I suspect Danni has come out the other side of a torrid time dealing with mental distress and the challenges of being a trans person in society generally, but also in the football world. I?d not want to trade places, that?s for certain.

They can and should be proud of their journey to recovery and have opportunities open up for them to pursue the things they want in life. If that?s footy, good, the game should be mature enough for it. Perhaps not straight into the lions den though, for reasons you?ve highlighted. I want to see some participation and performance in the role at the level below at least before taking the risk.
    Agree & if Danni ends up in our coaching group in whatever role I?ll back the club in having made a good choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Edmund believes it's down to two candidates, Dani Laidley and Sandy Dragons coach Tamara Hyett. KWW husband I think has something to do with the Dragons.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Sam Edmund believes it's down to two candidates, Dani Laidley and Sandy Dragons coach Tamara Hyett. KWW husband I think has something to do with the Dragons.
    Groves one of Bevo's mates not in the mix any more.

Post Thanks / Like

Groves one of Bevo's mates not in the mix any more.
    I’m not sure he put in for it, thought it was more media speculation.
    Bring back the biff

17. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tamara Hyett got the gig. Given the Laidley controversy, any thoughts ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D Mitchell View Post
    Tamara Hyett got the gig. Given the Laidley controversy, any thoughts ?
    I think it was the right selection but I do wonder what sort of boost in profile and membership we might have got if we had selected Laidley.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez Tom Morris at it again with the headline “Danni dumped”, she never had the job, she applied. You can’t be dumped from a job you never had !
    I’m sure even Danni would be upset about that headline but what does Tom care ?
    He is the absolute gutter of journalism.
    He puts the person who didn’t get the job above the person who did.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

It was always going to be mentioned but Laidley also missed on a position with West Coast but I doubt an emotional slant would have been written by the media there.