Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  354
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Melbourne R19 2022

Just finished the replay......some observations:

- That was probably the most technical and skilled game of home and away football I've seen for a long time, or ever. Plus, both sides had a lot going for them at different times of the game and it genuinely reminded me of the Dogs vs. Cats games of 2009. Two excellent sides, each well coached and set up just going balls to the wall with one or the other deserved winners on the day. It came down to just a few moments we took, and they missed

- I just can't see how anyone could say Bevo isn't difficult to coach against from a technical standpoint. In two weeks the guy has rearranged our defencive half and gotten the team to play tighter between the arcs than we have all year, and Melbourne had to play out of their skins to beat it outside of the obvious clearance lapses we had in the first two thirds of the game - which are as far as I'm concerned on-field leadership related. Look out if we get someone half as good as May playing for us, and likewise Lever

- If we jag off on the outlet and allow uncontested marks we get picked apart. There's a lot of focus on what Melbourne did to us out of the centre, but we already knew that. If I can think of examples of how we have been ripped outside of that it's the Sydney game at Dockland from last year and at times this last week against Melbourne. If we are going to make any sort of run this year we need to make sure that doesn't happen, we'll get eaten alive on the MCG or any other wide ground we play at

- Josh Bruce was responsible for Bont's first goal due to his leading intensity into the zone and out clearing space. He was also and almost player about five more times throughout the night and with a bit of luck may have kicked one or two with better delivery - or at least given a chance to have a shot. I was massively behind him playing the past two weeks, my view is we now need to go back to Schache as he gives us cover all over the ground and might snag one or two

- The players seem to like each other again. There seems to be care. I know it's easy to see when you're winning, but it really is showing right now

- Cody didn't fall over. Impacted when he needed to, showed exactly why he is dangerous in the air and on the ground

- Garcia is a tough little bugger, great finish after getting one in the guts

- Mitch Hannan isn't great, but he's very useful and seemingly versatile. He stays in for mine until Doc is back

- I've not mentioned the prime movers or the obvious ones, we all know how and why we won on the weekend

- Nobody plays like we do when we are playing well, and we are amazing to watch when doing so. Melbourne were genuinely rattled, and probably thinking about how lucky they were to get us last year in the GF after being kissed on the dick relaxing in WA whilst we were touring across the nation eating shit sandwiches. It's edge of the seat stuff, but Jesus Christ it is enjoyable
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    A little birdy told me our Marra is the rising star nomination this week.

Well deserved.
    He is going to be on AFL360 tonight. Probably for 2 to 3 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Kingy said Bevo out coached Goodwin. One for the good guys.