Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  39
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Elimination Final 2022 vs Fremantle

Actually it has to be when Naughton's headband came partially off and he pulled it down like a muzzle in the heat of battle.
    The head band can go now please.

2. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    In the 2nd when we had all the momentum and Roarke took on a couple of Freo players on the half forward line instead of giving it off. The turnover resulted in their first goal.
    I didn't mind that, we were stuffing around in a mad scramble in our forward half and he took the initiative to try and create some space. It didn't work out but it's what was required for us to score I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Agree

I would add free kick against Ed for a slight holding Walters arm when Walters was the one facing Ed and holding him and pushing him off and then turned to try and mark the ball, Ed tried to push him off - result goal. Then ball goes back to centre, they clear it have a shot for goal, and Ed is being held in the goal square unable to defend the low ball coming in. Umpires clearly biased here. Those two quick goals changed the momentum as they got a sniff.
    Umpires had purple glasses on all night. That ^ run of umpiring was despicable.

I'd add the HTB frees against Caleb and Dunks (when O'Driscoll kicked the sealer) weren't there because neither had prior.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to go with a different sort of 'MOMENT'.

When young Amiss - who quite literally NEVER misses, he is a complete dead-eye of the T. Dickson variety - hit the post on quarter time and we got into him, that really seemed to give the Freo players some resolve. They had a different approach to the contest after that and it was as if they went from playing a 'game' to being desperate to win.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

5. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I'm going to go with a different sort of 'MOMENT'.

When young Amiss - who quite literally NEVER misses, he is a complete dead-eye of the T. Dickson variety - hit the post on quarter time and we got into him, that really seemed to give the Freo players some resolve. They had a different approach to the contest after that and it was as if they went from playing a 'game' to being desperate to win.
    He looks like he'll be a good player.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    I didn't mind that, we were stuffing around in a mad scramble in our forward half and he took the initiative to try and create some space. It didn't work out but it's what was required for us to score I reckon.

Umpires had purple glasses on all night. That ^ run of umpiring was despicable.

I'd add the HTB frees against Caleb and Dunks (when O'Driscoll kicked the sealer) weren't there because neither had prior.
    Totally agree
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The quarter time siren! Two different teams came out to play from the 2nd quarter on.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Giving up their first goal - the monkey was well and truly on their back at that point, and we let them off the hook. The crowd instantly got involved, they all got a spring in their step and kept the momentum for the rest of the game
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

The selection of VdM on Thursday night...... (joke)

I think the tide was turning in the 2nd quarter and it really was not a moment but a 10 minute patch where we just didn't recognise the danger - 2 goals in quick succession following be another 2 and the margin went from 42 points to 14 at half time. From then on we were playing catch up.

I'd also add kicking 5-5 in a final in the 1st quarter. If the scoreline is 8-2, its game over.

12. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Giving up their first goal - the monkey was well and truly on their back at that point, and we let them off the hook. The crowd instantly got involved, they all got a spring in their step and kept the momentum for the rest of the game
    It was a dicey free too. Imagine if Naughty got frees similar.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw on twitter the 50m penalty dished out against VDM was incorrect as he was well outside the 10m zone.

I think it was that one that put them in front.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw on twitter the 50m penalty dished out against VDM was incorrect as he was well outside the 10m zone.

I think it was that one that put them in front.
    I thought English was told to stand by the ump before VDM got there. Stand to be corrected.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree

I would add free kick against Ed for a slight holding Walters arm when Walters was the one facing Ed and holding him and pushing him off and then turned to try and mark the ball, Ed tried to push him off - result goal. Then ball goes back to centre, they clear it have a shot for goal, and Ed is being held in the goal square unable to defend the low ball coming in. Umpires clearly biased here. Those two quick goals changed the momentum as they got a sniff.
    This was the one for me as well. This was Freo's first goal for the match and the first of a run of four. 5 minutes of disgraceful umpiring (and if you know me, I never abuse umpires ... I even tell my son off for booing or geering) cost us the momentum and ultimately the match. This run on brought back the nightmare that was 2021 GF.

On top of this, the Dockers supporters throwing full beers on us, teasing and mimicking a five (ish) year old for crying when her team (Bulldogs) started to lose the plot, and copping it from my family on the bus on the way home.
    WOOF Member 422

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    On top of this, the Dockers supporters throwing full beers on us, teasing and mimicking a five (ish) year old for crying when her team (Bulldogs) started to lose the plot, and copping it from my family on the bus on the way home.
    Gee Scraggers that is so bad. Feel so bad for the kids, it can put them off going.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    This was the one for me as well. This was Freo's first goal for the match and the first of a run of four. 5 minutes of disgraceful umpiring (and if you know me, I never abuse umpires ... I even tell my son off for booing or geering) cost us the momentum and ultimately the match. This run on brought back the nightmare that was 2021 GF.

Classy. That purple looks so calming and non aggressive too.

My mum was harassed on the train home from Windy Hill one day in the 80s.
    Drunk dons fans said they were going to throw me and my brother off the train as we were in dogs gear.
    I just remember walking for miles to my dads garage in Williamstown as we had to get off the train with mum crying most of the way.
    Fair to say they're lucky my Dad couldn't find them.
    Those colours have triggered me ever since.

20. Likes bornadog, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gee Scraggers that is so bad. Feel so bad for the kids, it can put them off going.
    Mostly, Dockers supporters are fine; I've not had issue with them before. But for some reason the bay we were sitting next to were feral. After the four goal second quarter they started getting antsy ... half way through the third, they were full on. Thankfully I was sitting up the back of my bay with my son and therefor missed the ferocity of their zeal. But watching Bulldogs supporters getting covered in (thrown drinks - beer mainly), mocking kids for getting upset, giving us the bird (or fist) every time they scored ... it got a bit much. My wife and daughter were three bays over and witnessed nothing (thank god) so it must have just been this section.
    WOOF Member 422

22. Likes bornadog liked this post