Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
I have a bit of sympathy for the players but it is 100% their responsibility, as well-paid professional athletes who had access to all possible information around PED's, to know to the last ml what is being injected into their bodies. I get the argument about peer pressure from the club saying everything is kosher, hence the small amount of sympathy.

I have much less sympathy for the club and its leaders. They are still the ony club to win a flag in the same year they were confirmed as cheating the cap - this is not beneath them at all. That's not to give a pass to the AFEL for shutting everything down that might have been going on at other clubs, or these other clubs (St Kilda, Geelong) who may or may not have been up to their ears in similar nefarious activity.
It's says a bit about how passive the more senior players were at the club. I get younger players might follow the leader but it's hard to believe that a couple from the leadership group didn't challenge things or speak to their doctors and seek advice.
There were a handful of players that said no wasn't there?