Going to put some caveats here because the topic is unpleasant and previous iterations of the discussion across different platforms I’ve felt haven’t always been respectful between posters.

1. Bevo is a good person, I appreciate his contributions to the club.
2. I’d prefer to not be in a position where someone’s job security was being discussed
3. I don’t have a crystal ball to determine what’s next.

Now, with that out of the way, folk are welcome to hand wave this off as an emotional reaction and not participate, or you can help me find some balance in my position and what a reasonable expectation is.

I have wanted Bevo sacked since 2018. For me, I feel like I’ve seen enough from him when he is travelling well, when he is struggling and how we manages his relationships. I feel like I know what I am going to get. Part of what we are getting is performances like last night, in big games. Part of what we are going to get is a finish outside the top four.

I was happy enough with the decision to extend him as it seemed a good option to mitigate any risk of his tenure and contract status becoming a distraction in 2023 and narrows the focus a little so the players and footy department can get cracking in what seemed to be a fresh look at things over summer. We’ve certainly dine and said a bit to have had me feeling bullish.

In 1994 we sacked Wheeler in R2, I can’t recall the details explicitly, because I was a kid. That seems an extraordinary move to me. I’d like Kylie Watson Wheeler, Chris Grant and Ameet Baines to meet today and do the same with Bevo in 2023.

My question, I suppose is, at what point are you going to step across from backing, to sacking Bevo? If at all?