Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
TBT did you happen to catch Chris Grant at half time of our intra-club match? He gave really good insight into what was identified as a weakness by the playing group and how they took responsibility for being more accountable for their consistency in games, across games and across the season. I feel the first test on that front has been dismally failed.

He also talked to some of the issues we had with our list and how they were addressed, though unfortunately our two major recruits didn't impact the game how we might have liked.

Additionally the club has stated it believes it should be contending for a top four birth, all but emphatically. Their position that we have the ingredients but not the consistency was really clear. Team defence was also stated as a clear area for improvement by Bevo in recent interviews, where we languished last year but performed really well in 2021.

This is the first time in a while where I feel the club's leadership has been clear with where they think we're at. Didn't help us round one, however!
Oh boy. Hearing the players are taking it upon themselves to become more concentrated and consistent for longer doesn't exactly instil me with confidence. They don't have a great track record.