Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  40
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Kylie's Quarterly Report

All members have just received a letter from Kylie addressing the on field situation.

I like that she is getting on the front foot but this could have happened at the beginning of the year after the review.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kylie?s Quarterly Report

Going through the motions .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    this could have happened at the beginning of the year after the review.
    I don't understand that comment? She sent through letters at the start of the year explaining what the review was about and also the results of the review.

Not sure why supporters want to Pot her. I think she is doing a very good job, and she is a very passionate Doggies fan.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes Can Bar, Boots, FrediKanoute, jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't understand that comment? She sent through letters at the start of the year explaining what the review was about and also the results of the review.

Not sure why supporters want to Pot her. I think she is doing a very good job, and she is a very passionate Doggies fan.
    The club is in a strong position and both Kylie and Ameet have certainly built on what they inherited from Peter Gordon.
    When you consider we have a potential 7m lawsuit sitting over our heads and yet we are in a strong enough financial where it isn't jeopardizing the club in anyway is a testament to the job our leadership team is doing.

I would love to see Kylie working the media a bit more but that's a minor issue in the scheme of things.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes Can Bar, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kylie's Quarterly Report

People who are half glass empty, are half glass empty. Or if you are looking for something negative. You will find it. Just hope the people who are running our club are half glass full. Or looking for the positives, as they will find them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Going through the motions .
    Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t.

Obviously our President senses the frustration and hence determines that it is important to convey a message to members. If she doesn’t front up people criticise for being MIA. Yet conveying a message of hope is seen to be a negative. Not sure what else she is meant to do (apart from the extreme of sacking the coach)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Definitely not potting her. She is doing the job well. Her communication could be more frequent and specific. I get that she can’t name names.

My comment relates to her skirting around the issues and painting a rosy image of the review. I wanted warts and all. Not an abridged version or “The Old Mr Grace” from Are You Being Served.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

I really like KWW, not sure why there's so much hate from some quarters.

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I really like KWW, not sure why there's so much hate from some quarters.
    I think most of it comes from that she writes, talks and presents like she is running a large corporate enterprise. She isn't. She is running a footy club with strong roots to the working class people of the Western Suburbs. Footy isn't a business. People want to hear some authentic passion and knowledge. They want her to communicate more consistely in a way that reasonates with the everyday member. I don't believe she does that.

13. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I think most of it comes from that she writes, talks and presents like she is running a large corporate enterprise. She isn't. She is running a footy club with strong roots to the working class people of the Western Suburbs. Footy isn't a business. People want to hear some authentic passion and knowledge. They want her to communicate more consistely in a way that reasonates with the everyday member. I don't believe she does that.
    Name another president who does this. The game and running the club are business like these days that's not her fault.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I don't agree. She is not the CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Name another president who does this. The game and running the club are business like these days that's not her fault.
    Yes, you never hear from presidents anymore
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to see this crisis we are in lasting this long if we were under President Gordon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t.

Obviously our President senses the frustration and hence determines that it is important to convey a message to members. If she doesn’t front up people criticise for being MIA. Yet conveying a message of hope is seen to be a negative. Not sure what else she is meant to do (apart from the extreme of sacking the coach)
    Don’t get me wrong i am not potting her but we all expected something from her and of course it’s going to be about the club being united.
    Every time any club gets in a position like this the president makes a statement, it was our presidents turn.
    I did like Egans chat on SEN gave us a bit of info and I hope what he says is the case.
    I hope this is a Geelong moment where Thompson was in trouble and turned it around for a few flags .
    Bring back the biff

18. Likes whythelongface, Can Bar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    Hard to see this crisis we are in lasting this long if we were under President Gordon.
    I am not sure it is a crisis as such.
    Poor old Peter was fighting to keep the club going as well.
    Now that’s a crisis.
    Bring back the biff

20. Likes Can Bar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I am not sure it is a crisis as such.
    Poor old Peter was fighting to keep the club going as well.
    Now that’s a crisis.
    Agree. Not a crisis. A crisis is more 2014 when your Captain walks out and there is no coach. We are going through a hard time but definitely not a crisis.

22. Likes Bullies liked this post