Thanks Thanks:  368
Likes Likes:  1,917

Thread: Sharp Axes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sharp Axes

I’m now moving into the camp of we need a change. I was prepared to assess things at the mid season bye, but we’ve again lost to a side that has no business beating a team that has finals and top 4 aspirations which is apparently what we have (you wouldn’t know it watching us play).

While our list has holes (they all do) I don’t accept it’s as far off the pace as we’re making it look.

Surely there would be a lot of aspirational senior coaches (or current ones) looking at our list, our new training facilities and our VFL program and thinking they could have a great run at it pretty quickly? It feels like 2014.

Intrigued to see what plays out. I can’t see us doing anything, but it feels like all hope is now lost for this season and as a supporter, we’ll be going through the motions. I’m sure parts of the administration, coaching and playing staff are feeling the same level of flatness at the moment.

2. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The President has to be the first to go. Stands for nothing. Cloaked in invisibility. Never steps up. Few times we hear from her, she’s masked in pernicious corporatespeak jargon. She’s not genuine, not inspiring and impacting the passion we have for our club.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    The President has to be the first to go. Stands for nothing. Cloaked in invisibility. Never steps up. Few times we hear from her, she’s masked in pernicious corporatespeak jargon. She’s not genuine, not inspiring and impacting the passion we have for our club.
    Don?t know if anyone saw the horrific train wreck that was the interview the new Starbucks CEO gave on CNBC after they had a poor result. He is an ex McKinsey consultant. He spoke in corporate jargon and cliches and nothing about the actual product or what Starbucks stood for.

The share price started falling further as he was speaking!!! The company lost $16B in value!!!

Kylie speaks the same way.

5. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Likes westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    I’m now moving into the camp of we need a change. I was prepared to assess things at the mid season bye, but we’ve again lost to a side that has no business beating a team that has finals and top 4 aspirations which is apparently what we have (you wouldn’t know it watching us play).

While our list has holes (they all do) I don’t accept it’s as far off the pace as we’re making it look.

Surely there would be a lot of aspirational senior coaches (or current ones) looking at our list, our new training facilities and our VFL program and thinking they could have a great run at it pretty quickly? It feels like 2014.

Intrigued to see what plays out. I can’t see us doing anything, but it feels like all hope is now lost for this season and as a supporter, we’ll be going through the motions. I’m sure parts of the administration, coaching and playing staff are feeling the same level of flatness at the moment.
    We need to start developing players in a single position. Our development and moving players around in VFL and AFL is not helping.

What is Baker good at ?

Poulter has potential but he needs to improve his kicking accuracy, and become a good mark to provide an option out of defence. If he cannot improve on that, then move him on. Too many list cloggers.

Buku today is a case in point. His got no 1-1 body strength. Clubs now know just to expose him. Clear the paddock.

Something seriously is flawed with our fwd half. Every single week, 2 fwds are continuously running into each other. There is stuff all crumbers at the drop of the ball. I almost pulled my hair out the number of times, the Hawk cleared it out of defence. JUH needs to work harder when he has not got the ball. Too many times today his missed a mark and just left standing there as the hawks players swoop up.

There was a moment in the first quarter, we had the ball in the midfield, and no one was presenting.
    Either this groups is uncoachable in the forward line, or we have recruited really poorly. Sphanger needs to go to get some structure and playing style in this team.

7. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Just called Ser Ilyn Payne.

I don't think the axe has ever been sharper.
    I've been talking secretly with John Kerr. More a dagger than an axe but if we're putting down a premiership coach I'd like the backup there in case a mistake is made

Post Thanks / Like

Watching this team is the worst it's been since the McCartney era. I honestly think I had more faith in the 2018 Dogs. I don't think it'll happen just yet but the club must start looking at replacements

Post Thanks / Like

And she cant kick straight.

11. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I've been talking secretly with John Kerr. More a dagger than an axe but if we're putting down a premiership coach I'd like the backup there in case a mistake is made
    Ser Ilyn doesn't make mistakes.

Post Thanks / Like

The President has to be the first to go. Stands for nothing. Cloaked in invisibility. Never steps up. Few times we hear from her, she?s masked in pernicious corporatespeak jargon. She?s not genuine, not inspiring and impacting the passion we have for our club.
    Yes she is responsible for our on field performance.....The players aren't playing for the president!!!!

Our club is in a great off field position thanks to her and Ameet.

14. Likes Grantysghost, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Way too late, but time to do it.

16. Likes anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder when Bevo knows it?s time. He is a caring kinda guy. Surely he sees the players are not responding as he wants. Also he has had a big say in this list eg he has counted on English coming up roses and to me it just hasn?t worked out. I predict if English signs a big $, long term deal we will regret it (hope I?m wrong).

18. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I?m not sure that the administration is at fault. I would start with Chris Grant. Nice guy but not ruthless. Just as he played the game

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Players that he's defended time and time again, that he's backed time and time again, have absolutely short changed him.

Put him out of his misery, get someone in to rip the players apart.
    General Montgomery?
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Love Bevo for the 2016 premiership but things have been bubbling on the surface for a while now when it comes to Bevo. We need a new senior coach with fresh ideas and changes to the team as some players aren't up to it.

The changes around Bevo seem to have had minimal impact so far this season.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I have defended Bevo. I have supported him.

I have zero supportive arguments left. Another dark day for our proud football club. This team we lost to today have only beaten North. Yet we made them look like a top four team.

Something is wrong. Very wrong.
    it's not wrong. It's toxic. Has been since we lost in 2021. Looks to me like Grant and Bevo the main perpetrators. Love them both but their time is up. Question marks on Baines as well..
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket