Thanks Thanks:  346
Likes Likes:  1,799
Page 147 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4797137138139140141142143144145146147
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2205

Thread: Sharp Axes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sharp Axes

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Well there is one player who is playing and hasn’t performed and that’s Sanders, if he was another player as a mid fielder and only got 6 possessions ? In 3/4 he wouldn’t be playing.
    Ledge = Dog
    Sanders = Bone

If i'm picking up what your saying Ledge, Sanders should be dropped?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Ledge = Dog
    Sanders = Bone

If i'm picking up what your saying Ledge, Sanders should be dropped?
    Srednas Pord

3. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolute kindergarten errors and fkn zone got picked apart again and again. Dale was good. Treloar was selfish when in the 50. Bontempelli needs to learn how to fkn kick straight, the shot was harder to miss. Naughton got spanked, as did Lobb. CD was terrible.

Just a poor showing.
    You keep on using that word... I do not
    think it means what you think it means.

5. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The merry-go-round continues.

A few more laps, the folk enjoying the murals on the roof implore.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

7. Thanks The Bulldogs Bite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    The merry-go-round continues.

A few more laps, the folk enjoying the murals on the roof implore.
    Downside is if we get a new coach, the list probably doesn't change much. That's my concern.

We need to change the list.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t have an answer. But the question is Bevo the man for a rebuild because this list ain’t contending.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t make the 8 he has to walk

11. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    Don’t make the 8 he has to walk
    Well that was rumour he’d do last year when thinking we’d make the 8. So I wouldn’t bet on it. KWW might have to do something.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure will be on Footy Clas again this week. Cornes will have another dig at Bevo.

But in all seriousness I believe if we miss the 8 then I am for a change at the top with the coach to get some fresh ideas. We should not have jumped to sign him up as quick as we did. I get that it was from the goodwill on 2021 in making the Grand Final.

He is in his 10th season now and it just hasn't been good since we won the flag. 2015 and 2016 were the best seasons we have had just so enjoyable and Bevo won us the flag which all of us we forever be grateful for.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Well that was rumour he’d do last year when thinking we’d make the 8. So I wouldn’t bet on it. KWW might have to do something.
    Who?
    "It's over. It's all over."

15. Likes SonofScray, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Who?
    I want to say a board member. But don’t hold me to it.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to say a board member. But don’t hold me to it.
    Damn I wanted you to say Ronnie Pickering
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

That’s part of the problem. Not sure any of our key posts are working. President, ceo, coach, list manager. All survived the reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    That’s part of the problem. Not sure any of our key posts are working. President, ceo, coach, list manager.
    Very important these things are right going forward from right at the top. It really is a bit of everything with our issues and should not be placed all on the coach but pressure is building on Bevo which is fair and he is fully aware of that.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I read this article and thought it could have been about the Bulldogs.

Brisbane who are playing worse than us right now, with a more balanced and talented list are suffering a malaise apparently caused by the players, if you believe Paul Roos. Leigh Matthews piping up when Bevo was being pilloried post match a few weeks ago may have been handy as well:

‘It’s absolute garbage’: The footy flop that was ‘borderline embarrassing’

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...30-p5fnwa.html

..........Legendary coach Paul Roos, who also played 269 games for Fitzroy, was scathing in his assessment of the Lions in his new podcast, ABC AFL Daily, hosted by Catherine Murphy.

“Had enough, too hard, not interested any more in playing for each other,” Roos said.

“I’ve been through this as a coach. [Chris Fagan] would be really worried. Really, really, worried. Lazy on defence, their two brilliant forwards aren’t buying in any more.

“This is about what decision these Brisbane Lions players want to make. Do they still want to play for each other? Do they still want to win a premiership? It’s hard work, but what I’m seeing from some of their star players or some of their so-called star players is garbage, it’s absolute garbage.”

..........Channel Nine’s Footy Classified panellist and The Age columnist Kane Cornes stated it was Fagan’s job to know what the problem was. But triple-premiership Brisbane Lions coach and club director Leigh Matthews scoffed at that.

“I kind of just shake my head,” a frustrated Matthews said on 3AW. “People who are talking about coaching, let alone coaches’ press conferences, who have never actually been the victim of one of those press conferences before.

“Any coach worth his salt will look at the replay before firming his own thinking. Then you decide what to go to your players with.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

21. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post