Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  160
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Fremantle R16 2023 Sun 1/7, 1:45PM - Marvel Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Boyd can be both absolutely worth it and a complete failure of a contract.

He played maybe 5 genuinely good games his whole time with us, luckily half of them were in a certain finals series. A bit of the Josh BRuce goals about it, but if you exclude the Prelim and GF Boyd might be the biggest failure of a huge contract ever. Of course if you include them (which we should) then he is worth all of it.
    So he's worth all of it is what you're saying?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Tom should have won the Norm Smith. How Footscray was that ? Big game on the big day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D Mitchell View Post
    Tom should have won the Norm Smith. How Footscray was that ? Big game on the big day.
    Agree TBoyd or Bont should have won the norm smith. Tory and Liam’s GF also pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Boyd's story is, in itself, very fitting of our club.

Huge potential, didn't really put it together consistently, but somehow did when it counted most in spectacular fashion, before soon after vanishing.

Amazing what 2-games did for his legacy. It made the contract worth it, it made the gamble worth it. If those 2 games were during the H&A and we didn't win the flag, he'd be looked at as the biggest failure we've brought in during my time alive.

To bring another sport into it, he's basically the opposite of James Harden. That guy's long and decorated career in the NBA will put him into the HOF, and yet he hasn't won a ring and has routinely choked when it's mattered most.
    W00F!

5. Likes Sedat, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Tom Boyd's story is, in itself, very fitting of our club.

Huge potential, didn't really put it together consistently, but somehow did when it counted most in spectacular fashion, before soon after vanishing.

Amazing what 2-games did for his legacy. It made the contract worth it, it made the gamble worth it. If those 2 games were during the H&A and we didn't win the flag, he'd be looked at as the biggest failure we've brought in during my time alive.

To bring another sport into it, he's basically the opposite of James Harden. That guy's long and decorated career in the NBA will put him into the HOF, and yet he hasn't won a ring and has routinely choked when it's mattered most.
    As pointed out by Jeemak, shame he had Mental Health issues and a stuffed back, as I think we never saw his full potential.

I will take the Premiership for the dollars paid.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    That is exactly what I'm saying.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right