Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  73
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sweet Jesus: Should Jordan Sweet be our first ruck?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    We should've traded Sweet and kept Lipinski.

Reply with for yes or for no.
    Being OG of this thread feels like being producer for Big Bang Theory and the like.

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Being OG of this thread feels like being producer for Big Bang Theory and the like.
    Big Bang Theory also fits belief that Sweet will own it in the ruck.

4. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Straight answer is no. We have the best ruck (according to all current AA teams) in the league. Whilst English is healthy, Sweet gets paid well to play VFL. The whole idea of Lobb coming to us was to take the odd bounce or around the ground. Sweet cannot play that role and therefore stays in VFL. English's mobility around the ground and ability below his knees is the reason he is ranked number one in the league right now. Why would you replace the number one ruck?
    WOOF Member 422

6. Likes Bulldog4life, lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Control your threads man!

If you think Rocco should control his threads better reply :

for yes or for I don't know where I am.

8. Likes Rocco Jones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Control your threads man!

If you think Rocco should control his threads better reply :

for yes or for I don't know where I am.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone that posts about Sweet in the MC thread will get my wrath. Via internalised angst. That lasts a few seconds and I don't do anything directly about it. But perhaps unconsciously or subconsciously find an outlet. Off to google about behavioural psychology.

11. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, this is a safe house for those wanting to railroad threads with Lipsinki and/or Lewy Young and/or Jordan Roughead and/or Jackson Trengove and/or Shane Ellen angst/content. But I will set a cap of 20% daily posts about them in this thread.

13. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, this is a safe house for those wanting to railroad threads with Lipsinki and/or Lewy Young and/or Jordan Roughead and/or Jackson Trengove and/or Shane Ellen angst/content. But I will set a cap of 20% daily posts about them in this thread.
    I went to the same school as Shane Ellen. Think I played in a school team with him.

How did he kick 5 in a GF!

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the same school as Shane Ellen. Think I played in a school team with him.

How did he kick 5 in a GF!
    A wizard did it.

16. Likes Grantysghost, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Correct me if I?m wrong but at least two of them were in the group that gave us some final wins less than 2 years ago.

Now we will go to the footy to see if someone can get less than 0 touches of the ball. I am confident that we will find a way of achieving new depths.

personally I preferred the 2021 game plan.
    Did someone say Beetlejuice?

Just ragging you mate I always appreciate reading your thoughts.

Anyone that posts about Sweet in the MC thread will get my wrath. Via internalised angst. That lasts a few seconds and I don't do anything directly about it. But perhaps unconsciously or subconsciously find an outlet. Off to google about behavioural psychology.
    This is how I deal with everything in life and why do I yell at my kids so much.

In relation to the OP, I don't know. I think Sweet's been on our list long enough now I would've thought and hoped if he had a real future at the pointy end we'd have seen more of him by now.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Lou Interligi.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

May I ask why you are comparing disposals for a forward pocket and a ruck? (I think Arty shouldn't play in the seniors this week btw).
    Remember, we lost against Port because they got 4 goals from centre clearances and we did not. So the lack of a backup ruckman, who offers some flexibility where we are losing games, is because a seat on the bench is occupied by people who have (generally speaking) been non-contributors.

So zero is zero, and we have selected sides where that has been highly probable.

Arty was terrible against Geelong and should not have been in the side against Port. That was always relevant to selections in the past. Upon what determinants are we selecting teams these days?

JOD first game. 4 touches so selected again for 4 more.

Last year, Bruce 2 touches so selected again for 3 more.

Game 1 this year Lobb hardly got near the ball. Excuse? Oh he was injured? Translation : you should not have expected anything. Well I certainly did not expect the massacre that set our percentage back for half a season.

We have an easy draw ahead and should try to get maximum benefit by examining all aspects of our performances and putting in flexibility to allow improvement. If Sweet gets beaten in the ruck and English takes a load off Naughton and they both kicks
    multiple goals repeatedly (like in 2021) we are still better than we are now.

And English will still have plenty of ruck work and I expect his around the ground work to remain fantastic.

Nobody is talking about replacing him, one side of the discussion is about assisting him and the team. The other seems to think he is to be banished. An exaggerated response.

So the only decision that needs to be made is whose selection is keeping Sweet out, (and what have they contributed in their multiple consecutive games and our consecutive losses), and if it is zero we should . . . .?

This week should be a massive win even if 10 players don?t touch the ball. So I expect no change.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Straight answer is no. We have the best ruck (according to all current AA teams) in the league. Whilst English is healthy, Sweet gets paid well to play VFL. The whole idea of Lobb coming to us was to take the odd bounce or around the ground. Sweet cannot play that role and therefore stays in VFL. English's mobility around the ground and ability below his knees is the reason he is ranked number one in the league right now. Why would you replace the number one ruck?
    English can stay number 1 ruck and Sweet can sit on the bench for 100% of the game if everything is going smoothly. Everyone is happy.

ie, no change.

But if English is not winning there is potential for adapting.

But English is AA. Never beaten in the ruck. Good, but he was beaten in the first quarter against Hawthorn. A screen alerted spectators to the fact that the Hawks had 7:1 centre clearances.

I saw him struggle against Carlton, Suns and Port also, so in those games Sweet would have gotten a few minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Remember, we lost against Port because they got 4 goals from centre clearances and we did not. So the lack of a backup ruckman, who offers some flexibility where we are losing games, is because a seat on the bench is occupied by people who have (generally speaking) been non-contributors.
    Look I don't agree with this summation, but if it is true shouldn't we be changing up our midfielders rather than the ruckman?

To me it seemed that when Port won the centre clearance they ran the ball out which led to some clean F50 entries, whereas when we won the clearance we hack kicked it forward to a contest.

Surely it's on the mids to:

1/ defend their opponents better when they're in possession.
    2/ use the ball better when we have possession.

Post Thanks / Like

Becoming quite a list.

23. Likes EasternWest liked this post