Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  40
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 16, 2023 vs Fremantle

Bankers
    1. Marra- his marking is improving week by week. He takes it at the highest point and also now with plenty of body contact. If only we can get Naughts, Lobb and Marra clunking them all on the same day.

2. Williams goal when he was out numbered in the contest. Picked up the ball and run away like he was all by himself.

3. Westy's immediate impact. Must be hard to come on as a sub late in a game and get straight into the game. He did it perfectly. Those hands and those smarts are a weapon. He needs to bring that when he gets a full game.

Anchors
    1. B Smith. He's having a quiet patch by his standards. I'd like to think he's stripping his game back to basics to clean up his errant kicking.

2. Lobb and Naughts. Passengers for most part

3. Marvel/Docklands traffic management. Traffic grid locked due to road closures because of an event in Docklands. Spent the best part of an hour to move 20 metres. It took me an hour and a half to get out of the docklands precinct. I work in construction and if I blocked roads like that without the appropriate traffic management the fine the council would give me would bankrupt me.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

2. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, josie, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Am I mistaken in thinking that's across the league and not just us?
    Not sure, it looked like a club initiative but I might be wrong
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:
    MC for selecting the right side to get the job done.

Bevo for the master stroke to sub in competitive beast West once the pace has gone out of the game.

Astro for playing a team game and keeping Pierce out the the play to give Marra space and time

Marra for a great game

Anchors:

The negativity on WOOF for a side that is sitting just percentage out of fourth place

The likely feedback I will receive for this post, but c’mon woofers, look at the ladder, get a bit excited. Life’s too short
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    Bankers:

Bevo for the master stroke to sub in competitive beast West once the pace has gone out of the game.

Astro for playing a team game and keeping Pierce out the the play to give Marra space and time

Marra for a great game

Anchors:

The negativity on WOOF for a side that is sitting just percentage out of fourth place

The likely feedback I will receive for this post, but c’mon woofers, look at the ladder, get a bit excited. Life’s too short
    Enjoy the ride. A spot to get 4th has opened.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

Marra for a great game

Anchors:

Agree we are going ok. Chins up.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

Marra for a great game

Anchors:

The likely feedback I will receive for this post, but c?mon woofers, look at the ladder, get a bit excited. Life?s too short
    Great post. We are quick to criticise when the MC gets it wrong. I was not impressed with the JOD selection but he played his part and is looking like a very good pick up.

West - annoyed he was sub but this worked well. Still would like to see him in the starting side.

Good point on Naughton. Often we are obsessed about stats and what a player should do individually and we overlook the important team aspects that help to get us over the line. Would still like more involvement from him but he did give Marra more space. Naughton seemed to play a higher role earlier in the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

Marra for a great game

Anchors:

Boooo down with BID.
    "It's over. It's all over."

10. Likes bulldogtragic, Before I Die liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Boooo down with BID.
    Why can’t I like and thanks a post?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

B

- West?s impact in one quarter
    - 7 goal last quarter with backs against the wall
    - Libbas ability to extract and keep his teammates standing tall
    - Jammaras hands

A

- tackling. Every single week
    - umpiring horrendous in first 3 qtrs; can not stand inconsistency inside the same game
    - playing Hannan and McNeil in the same team
    - lobbs intensity - has clearly relied on just being tall to get through life. Was a nice goal though - and he does half the ruck contests when English is on the pine

13. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

1) Riley West changed the game
    2) Marra is going to be a star
    3) Kicking for goal was excellent

Anchors

1) Was it a deliberate tactic to ignore Naughton?
    2) Hannan......I just don't see what he brings and it was yet another game of not much
    3) Alex Keath sells players into trouble......JOD copped it at least twice

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

Marra for a great game

Anchors:

Beat Collingwood and i'll get excited. Other than English, Bont & Libba our list has been ordinary to average this year. Having the best player & captain in the comp has saved our bacon really.
    When we don't win it out of the middle our ball movement is predictable, boring & uninspiring. What excites me is our potential to be so much better in nearly all aspects of our game. Maybe the last quarter has flicked a switch & we'll see a more confident, cohesive & aggresive side.

16. Likes EasternWest, bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

Marra for a great game

Anchors:

Bolded for truth.

A few of us have been critical of Naughton's inability to play the team game, but he did this really well on the weekend. Deserves plenty of credit.
    W00F!

18. Likes hujsh, bulldogtragic, azabob liked this post