Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  105
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs accused of wasting golden era

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Interesting listening to Mitch Wallis saying we can't rely on our bottom 10 players in games when the game turns.

In the past our bottom 6 were part of the clubs strong attributes towards winning the flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Chas and Tom Boyd said the same on Danny/Boyd
    Sound arguments for turning over nearly 10 players on the list then. If our role players are being called out by recent former teammates/big names at the club for not being able to play their roles, then perhaps it’s time to find some other players who might.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting listening to Mitch Wallis saying we can't rely on our bottom 10 players in games when the game turns.

In the past our bottom 6 were part of the clubs strong attributes towards winning the flag.
    Was this said generally though? As in, a clubs stars need to control momentum when games turn and you shouldn't be relying on the bottom 10 guys?

Post Thanks / Like

Mitch said the same last year right

4. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Chas and Tom Boyd said the same on Danny/Boyd
    Did you understand his run home scenarios! Ha, I needed to play it at half speed.

6. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Was this said generally though? As in, a clubs stars need to control momentum when games turn and you shouldn't be relying on the bottom 10 guys?
    I would have thought it was meant that it was time for them to stand up and show a bit when needed like a lot of the supporters think.

8. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Did you understand his run home scenarios! Ha, I needed to play it at half speed.
    How funny was it...

The guest whose name I've forgotten gave me visions of Joe Pesci in the Lethal Weapon flicks..
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    How funny was it...

The guest whose name I've forgotten gave me visions of Joe Pesci in the Lethal Weapon flicks..
    Chas Licciardello from Chaser fame.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Chas Licciardello from Chaser fame.
    In any case...I just had this flashback to Pesci saying "Ok-ok-ok-ok" as he was trying to explain to Mel Gibson how money laundering worked. "And this is the best bit - you claim an income tax deduction on interest payments you NEVER MAKE"...

"...and it all comes down to THIS WEEK. If we beat Essendon, then I can't see how we miss out...".

It really is an entertaining podcast and the guys have pulled the right rein with recent guests.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    The troubling lack of depth and an inability to competently develop new recruits who aren't freakish talents into reliable regulars is a recurring theme and there's few things more miserable than match committee threads that necessarily devolve into a regurgitation of the same handful of reheated candidates who neither deserve, demand, nor seize a spot. Our last 4-6 picked feels like it's been a fruitless revolving door for some time now.

Digressing, expectation is a cursed thing but barring an epiphany it's hard to argue against an epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'.
    So right.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting comments from David King from the weekends game.

Honestly I thought we would steady at three quarter time and win by 2-3 goals.

https://content.jwplatform.com/previews/sz3nENRF
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

So did I, with that wind I thought we'd be fine. I think I predicted 5 goals at 3 quarter time in the Match Day thread. Never looked like it until the last 5 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

He failed to mention the two kpds down.

Take Taylor and Himmelberg away for a half and it's probably a dogs win.
    Criticism is fine but the context needs to be involved.

17. Likes jeemak, chef, WBFC4FFC, lemmon, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

I listened to that this morning and I was disappointed he didn't analyse the game better. All he could think of was Naughton should have gone back instead of Lobb. He failed to address the fact that we had no forward pressure at all and the ball came out quickly and went straight down the ground for GWS to goal.

In the last there were 16 inside 50s each and we didn't create one stoppage to give us a chance of scoring.

Our Fwd 50 tackles were 7 for the game to 22 for GWS. What the hell were West (2), VDM (1), and Weightman (0) doing. Naughton (0) last year was top 5 to 10 for tackles inside 50.

He also just dismissed the fact two key players went down and upset the whole team structure. Do better King - #norespect
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes jeemak, chef, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I listened to that this morning and I was disappointed he didn't analyse the game better. All he could think of was Naughton should have gone back instead of Lobb. He failed to address the fact that we had no forward pressure at all and the ball came out quickly and went straight down the ground for GWS to goal.

In the last there were 16 inside 50s each and we didn't create one stoppage to give us a chance of scoring.

Our Fwd 50 tackles were 7 for the game to 22 for GWS. What the hell were West (2), VDM (1), and Weightman (0) doing. Naughton (0) last year was top 5 to 10 for tackles inside 50.

He also just dismissed the fact two key players went down and upset the whole team structure. Do better King - #norespect
    Kings response to me re above:

we don’t analyse each and every game. We pick the discussion pieces of interest and I thought the Naughton & Greene roles were significant. Club reviews aren’t our thing. Sorry to disappoint
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

So they just say the most inflammatory thing they can in the shortest period of time to generate the biggest bang for buck.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

22. Likes bornadog liked this post