Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  96
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Delistings and retirements 2023

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Orazio has been injured for most of his time at PA and a fair chunk at Essendon

Carlton must see something in him or have faith he can get his body right . I doubt it though, does not have the durability at AFL level . As a small forward requires fast twitch muscles and be able to get onto park for long periods.
    I'd actually totally forgotten he existed until this thread.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Hayden Crozier and Roarke Smith both delisted.

3. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...s-list-changes

Western Bulldogs list changes
    The Western Bulldogs confirm duo Hayden Crozier and Roarke Smith will not be offered contracts for 2024.

The Western Bulldogs confirm duo Hayden Crozier and Roarke Smith will not be offered contracts for 2024.

Crozier arrived at the Kennel during the 2017 Trade Period, playing 73 games across six seasons for the red, white and blue.

In total, the 29-year-old has played 142 games at Fremantle and the Western Bulldogs.

The defender played four games in 2023, suffering a hamstring injury mid-season that sidelined Crozier for two months.

Smith joined the Club through the 2015 Rookie Draft at Pick 5, playing 47 games during nine seasons.

A versatile team player, Smith played a variety of roles throughout his time in the red, white and blue, finding a home on the wing for the past few seasons.

Due to a plantar fascia issue, Smith was unable to play at AFL level this season.

Bulldogs’ General Manager of List and Recruiting Sam Power thanked both players for their service to the red, white and blue.

“Both Hayden and Roarke have made a significant contribution to our playing group, both on and off the field,” Power said.

“The pair always had a team-first attitude and would play any role required for the team and we thank them for their dedication to the Western Bulldogs.

“We wish Hayden and Roarke, as well as their families, all the best for the future. They’re always welcome back at VU Whitten Oval.”
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I just read Tom Campbell got another year at the saints . Good on him
    Bring back the biff

6. Likes EasternWest, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I just read Tom Campbell got another year at the saints . Good on him
    He's done exceptionally well. He's a good club man and gives them some insurance to cover the ruck role.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's done exceptionally well. He's a good club man and gives them some insurance to cover the ruck role.
    It's thinking like that that has made me glad we held on to Sweet.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Hawthorn have delisted Chad Wingard and Cooper Stephens (a year after they got him as part of the Tom Mitchell trade from Geelong), but have committed to redrafting them in the rookie draft.

I know Wingard has done his achilles and likely won't play until the later part of next season but would a contender take a risk and swoop in? Could he be a handy addition to a forward line going into finals, or is he cooked?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Hawthorn have delisted Chad Wingard and Cooper Stephens (a year after they got him as part of the Tom Mitchell trade from Geelong), but have committed to redrafting them in the rookie draft.

I know Wingard has done his achilles and likely won't play until the later part of next season but would a contender take a risk and swoop in? Could he be a handy addition to a forward line going into finals, or is he cooked?
    Geelong maybe , they like older players with experience who can influence a game sometimes.
    Teams could pick him up to teach young kids eg North.
    Interesting gamble.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

If it wasn't the achilles then maybe a club would, but I don't think anyone would even consider it at this point.

He's a player who should have been so much more than he was. Looked unreal in his first few years but never evolved and as a result went backwards.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    If it wasn't the achilles then maybe a club would, but I don't think anyone would even consider it at this point.

He's a player who should have been so much more than he was. Looked unreal in his first few years but never evolved and as a result went backwards.
    Hawthorn would love a do over wouldn't they, keep Burton and draft Rozee.
    The curse is dead.

13. Likes bulldogtragic, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be a big contract to pick up for a year without getting much of a return on it. I think he's probably still got some good footy ahead of him but it would be a risky addition and I'd pass.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh, off-season 2018, seems like yesterday ...

Did we dodge a Chad-shaped bullet there or what.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

16. Likes bornadog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Could Chad Wingard, despite Hawthorn’s pledge, become the latest player to shift clubs after being delisted?

The Age’s Michael Gleeson reports Wingard met with Collingwood on Friday. However, it’s reported that his preference is to remain at Hawthorn, who have committed to redrafting him on the rookie list later this month.

The Hawks delisted Wingard on Thursday despite re-signing him in September. He’s set to miss much of 2024 after tearing his Achilles earlier this year, yet the Hawks have remained faithful to the 30-year-old.

But by delisting Wingard, the dual All-Australian could be taken by a club in the national or rookie draft before he’s picked by the Hawks.

The Age reports Wingard underwent a medical at the Pies on Friday and met with Craig McRae and footy boss Graham Wright, both of who worked with Wingard at Hawthorn.

North Melbourne midfielder Hugh Greenwood famously walked out on the Suns after he was delisted, blindsiding Gold Coast by moving south in the delisted free agency window.

The 2023 free agency window closed on Friday afternoon. Wingard has played 218 AFL games across stints at both Port Adelaide and Hawthorn.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone back Wingard in. Assuming he’s able to get back to fitness, as a clever forward line player (and he’s very clever) he could be a great addition to a side at the pointy end.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I heard Wingard is liking Marra’s posts on Insta, so he’s a sure thing to come to us.

Excited.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

20. Likes EasternWest, hujsh, MrMahatma liked this post