Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 22, 2023 vs Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    How good was his 35 sprint without bouncing too.

Awesome player, but made some horrible mistakes today.
    That's the furthest I've ever seen someone run without bouncing it.
    Was like the umpire had given him so much latitude he didn't want to go back on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    That's the furthest I've ever seen someone run without bouncing it.
    Was like the umpire had given him so much latitude he didn't want to go back on it.
    Yep, I couldn’t believe it took so long to ping him. But before he did I was like Kramer seeing how far the car could go before running out of fuel. I wanted to see if he could get to the 50m line without bouncing it. Just needed another two seconds.

I have no idea how he forgot such a basic thing. But credit to him, he at least got the set shot in a more difficult range.

And yet, that was not our worst attempt at kicking out for the day. Not even close to English’s crazy one.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How good was his 35 sprint without bouncing too.

Awesome player, but made some horrible mistakes today.
    I preferred his kick behind Bont that went straight back over his head.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

And yet, that was not our worst attempt at kicking out for the day. Not even close to English’s crazy one.
    English looking further afield for himself to kick to was special.

6. Thanks Scorlibo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    “Where the **** is Tim. I can’t see him. If I just run I will see him through traffic”
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

“Where the **** is Tim. I can’t see him. If I just run I will see him through traffic”
    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I bet he was thinking "if only Jordon Sweet was playing".
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I couldn’t believe it took so long to ping him. But before he did I was like Kramer seeing how far the car could go before running out of fuel. I wanted to see if he could get to the 50m line without bouncing it. Just needed another two seconds.

I have no idea how he forgot such a basic thing. But credit to him, he at least got the set shot in a more difficult range.

Haha gold

Post Thanks / Like

The second Libba got knocked out Newcombe stepped up and we stepped back at stoppages. As usual we did nothing to stop him and he was BoG

Post Thanks / Like

In the 3rd when Naughton decided to kick around the corner on an easy angle with the wind blowing directly behind him.

You knew he didn't believe he would kick out, but kick that goal and we win.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    In the 3rd when Naughton decided to kick around the corner on an easy angle with the wind blowing directly behind him.

I left the room quietly to regroup when that happened.

Post Thanks / Like

My moment is the entire third quarter.

Outworked, outplayed, out everythinged by a team of kids.

Really one of the worst quarters ever under Bevo. No goals with a breeze and the season to play for against the 16th side.

14. Likes The bulldog tragician, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    My moment is the entire third quarter.

Outworked, outplayed, out everythinged by a team of kids.

Really one of the worst quarters ever under Bevo. No goals with a breeze and the season to play for against the 16th side.
    I agree with this. At various stages in Q3 the Hawks had nearly double the number of our possessions. In most of our other losses our workrate was still ok, we just shot ourselves in the foot with skill errors and poor goalkicking, but in this our effort was really questionable. We had no urgency, tackles were easily broken, there were always men free for them. It was our worst loss for the year given what was at stake. And then seeing us finally switch on, move the ball quickly and score, made it obvious that it was effort that was lacking.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

16. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I agree with this. At various stages in Q3 the Hawks had nearly double the number of our possessions. In most of our other losses our workrate was still ok, we just shot ourselves in the foot with skill errors and poor goalkicking, but in this our effort was really questionable. We had no urgency, tackles were easily broken, there were always men free for them. It was our worst loss for the year given what was at stake. And then seeing us finally switch on, move the ball quickly and score, made it obvious that it was effort that was lacking.
    The 3rd qtr and first 10-15min of the last was the worst footy I’ve seen for quite a while. We were complete witches hats and we were toyed with by a team sitting 16th of the ladder… it was embarrassing.

18. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    The second Libba got knocked out Newcombe stepped up and we stepped back at stoppages. As usual we did nothing to stop him and he was BoG
    A huge difference was the immediate tagging of Libba and then Bont by Maginness and our failure to do likewise on Newcombe who won 40 possessions in the midfield with little opposition and accountability

20. Likes EasternWest, Grantysghost, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post

That and his miss in the second. He's such a space cadet, I can imagine him laughing to his mates that he didn't even consider what the wind was doing and thinking it's OK.