Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  71
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the dumbest thing you've seen on a football field?

And why is it Tim English taking a kick in with 45 seconds on the clock, cantering through the defensive 50 like a headless giraffe, when he could have simply not done that.

Please tell me: what have you seen that is dumber than what happened today? Bonus points if it is not Bulldogs related, as it will ease the pain.

2. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's the dumbest thing you've seen on a football field?

Pass. You win.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    And why is it Tim English taking a kick in with 45 seconds on the clock, cantering through the defensive 50 like a headless giraffe, when he could have simply not done that.

Please tell me: what have you seen that is dumber than what happened today? Bonus points if it is not Bulldogs related, as it will ease the pain.
    Kinda Bulldogs related, but pretty farking dumb. I saw a guy today watch five minutes of our game on one tv the walk through to another room where the same game was on another tv and he looked at the screen then turned to another guy and said "who's playing?".

That's pretty dumb.
    "It's over. It's all over."

6. Likes jazzadogs, The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Kinda Bulldogs related, but pretty farking dumb. I saw a guy today watch five minutes of our game on one tv the walk through to another room where the same game was on another tv and he looked at the screen then turned to another guy and said "who's playing?".

That's pretty dumb.
    Worse. This is the impact the this team has on the neutrals/ the general public… no wonder journos won’t write anything about this side.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Headless giraffe haha gold

Post Thanks / Like

100% should have been the long target up the guts. One of the weirdest things I've seen on a footy field.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

10. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

That's pretty dumb.
    Lulz
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

45 seconds to go English was in goal square, no time to waste just get the ball and go.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    100% should have been the long target up the guts. One of the weirdest things I've seen on a footy field.
    HE should have been the target.

The dumbest thing is the fact HE took the kick in to begin with.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, with the game clock stopped he just needs to sprint down the guts and let someone else kick the ball in.

Lever's meltdown in the final last year was pretty epic.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    45 seconds to go English was in goal square, no time to waste just get the ball and go.
    Richards was next to him and should have demanded the ball, which was the exact same play 2 minutes earlier that resulted in a coast-to-coast goal for us. Both players are equally culpable - it's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen from a professional footy team, and it shows we are too often a talent based team instead of a system based one.

We suck at doing the little things.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

17. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Richards was next to him and should have demanded the ball, which was the exact same play 2 minutes earlier that resulted in a coast-to-coast goal for us. Both players are equally culpable - it's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen from a professional footy team, and it shows we are too often a talent based team instead of a system based one.

We suck at doing the little things.
    I don't get the angst, apart from it looking strange he moved the ball half the field, I doubt the Hawks were set up the same way as the Richards kick out also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Doesn't the clock stop when a kick in is taken?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    In accordance with Law 10.5.2, the time clock does not run until the player kicking in has brought the ball back into play – either by kicking or being called to play on.

21. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Yep. All he needed to do was put the ball on the ground in the square, wait for a good kicker to run back to pick it up, and sprint up the ground. That easy.

23. Likes Sedat, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post