Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  19
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has Luke Beveridge made the most of the Western Bulldogs' talent, or is he all smoke and mirrors?

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Did anyone catch this? Brad Johnson is fairly adamant Beveridge has a big summer of contemplation. Starts about the eight minute ten second mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FETuii9Jv4g&t=501s
    Thanks AB. That's the most serious I've ever seen Johnno. Concerning considering the inside knowledge he would have.

2. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has Luke Beveridge made the most of the Western Bulldogs' talent, or is he all smoke and mirrors?

Another sham review will fix everything

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    Another sham review will fix everything
    Are you chips in on sacking Bevo JanLorMill?

I doubt that's going to happen, what's second on your wish list?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Are you chips in on sacking Bevo JanLorMill?

I doubt that's going to happen, what's second on your wish list?
    I want Beveridge to win the next 5 straight and prove me and others wrong.
    That doesn’t happen I want those who made the ridiculous decision to extend him preseason to answer for it.
    I wouldn’t mind to hearing from the president and CEO.
    If the season finishes tomorrow or the first finals week we need a fair dinkum review done by an external with all aspects questioned including the head coach.
    Need to know if Bevo is willing to except change and relinquish a bit of his power. I don’t see that happening.
    Changing a few assistant coaches won’t change much.

6. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I want Beveridge to win the next 5 straight and prove me and others wrong.
    That doesn’t happen I want those who made the ridiculous decision to extend him preseason to answer for it.
    If the season finishes tomorrow or the first finals week we need a fair dinkum review done by an external with all aspects questioned including the head coach.
    Need to know if Bevo is willing to except change and relinquish a bit of his power. I don’t see that happening.
    Changing a few assistant coaches won’t change much.
    Fair enough, respect your position.

Re assistant coaches, there has been some precedent with this working. Hardwick in 2016 off the top, maybe Chris Scott at the Cattery as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough, respect your position.

Re assistant coaches, there has been some precedent with this working. Hardwick in 2016 off the top, maybe Chris Scott at the Cattery as well.
    Haven't we just changed all of our assistant coaches, well pretty much all of them? In the past 2-3 years Hansen & King have departed and Spangher, Webb & Lade have arrived.

Are we saying these changes have failed and we have to try again... really?

Post Thanks / Like

I hear a few people say this. What do you want to hear from them?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Haven't we just changed all of our assistant coaches, well pretty much all of them? In the past 2-3 years Hansen & King have departed and Spangher, Webb & Lade have arrived.

Are we saying these changes have failed and we have to try again... really?
    No I don't think failed, maybe just not the right types for what the team needs.

I'm thinking a strong senior assistant that maybe disrupts Bevo's habits.

Leon Cameron would be perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

No I don't think failed, maybe just not the right types for what the team needs.

Most assistant contracts are only two years.

I remember in Bevos early years many posters insisting we change the assistants and that we held on to them too long.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Perfect for who? Another one of Bevo’s old playing mates?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I hear a few people say this. What do you want to hear from them?
    Everything that Bont had to say on Monday even if it was a joint one 3 of them. Maybe an apology and maybe some clarification on what Baines said 6 weeks ago (top 4).

Post Thanks / Like

Everything that Bont had to say on Monday even if it was a joint one 3 of them. Maybe an apology and maybe some clarification on what Baines said 6 weeks ago (top 4).
    What changes do you want made?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I think formal statements from the president/ CEO are best left until the season is done, given we're almost at its end.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think formal statements from the president/ CEO are best left until the season is done, given we're almost at its end.
    This^^

Should include what we are doing to rectify the situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Baines was happy make statements on radio 6 weeks.
    KWW appears before the corporates at home games? The everyday members obviously don’t look good on her CV.