Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  119
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Star Dog in talks

Fantastic news! Absolutely love Aaron's tenacity, character and leadership. Amidst a rough run the last couple of years it's awesome to see such a show of mutual faith between club and player.

He's red, white and blue through and through.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

2. Likes EasternWest, josie, HOSE B ROMERO, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Ok. My son has been wanting a jumper with a number. 33 is probably safe for a while. Smith is fav but I've been refusing that one because who knows what's going on with him. Christmas present sorted!
    My son is 5 & only got into footy this year. Wears his bulldogs guernsey & shorts everyday, I mean everyday! Will pull it out of the dirty clothes basket. He also wears a headband. He only knows astronaught & bont, he would of been devastated.

Great news but am a tad concerned on the years considering how Naught throws his body around. If we could move the ball like Collingwood Naughton would look amazing.

4. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    My son is 5 & only got into footy this year. Wears his bulldogs guernsey & shorts everyday, I mean everyday! Will pull it out of the dirty clothes basket. He also wears a headband. He only knows astronaught & bont, he would of been devastated.

Great news but am a tad concerned on the years considering how Naught throws his body around. If we could move the ball like Collingwood Naughton would look amazing.
    Speaking of, looks like the rumour is it was them who had a 10 year offer on the table to him

Post Thanks / Like

This is both very good & VERY funny
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Speaking of, looks like the rumour is it was them who had a 10 year offer on the table to him
    Good sign he knocked back a big club offering more years and presumably money. Hope they don't go throw it at Marra now though.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news indeed. Now we have a reason that an experience forward coach would be knocking the door down to come to the dogs.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Huge news! A great talent and I look forward to him kicking many goals and worrying many opposition defences for many years.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes angelopetraglia, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naughton a Bulldog for life

Updated op

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

naughton a bulldog for life

star forward aaron naughton is a bulldog for life.

The 23-year-old has pledged his long-term future to the red, white and blue after committing to an eight-year contract extension, keeping him at the kennel until at least the end of 2032.

With a year remaining on a current deal, it means naughton will run out in front of the bulldogs? Faithful for a further nine seasons.

Naughton has become a leader of the football side after joining the leadership group in 2022, showing consistency beyond his years to kick 142 goals across the past three seasons.

The western australian joined the bulldogs in 2017 via pick 9 in the national draft and despite beginning his career as a defender, he now sits among the best key forwards in the game.

Naughton is a two-time leading goalkicker for the red, white and blue, amassing 191 goals in 123 games, whilst missing just three matches since the beginning of 2021.

Naughton himself was pleased to lock away his future at the bulldogs.

?it?s a special moment for me to sign, particularly for my family,? Naughton said.

?to sign a long contract and to be here to stay, especially for my teammates as well, i want them to know i am in it with them together. To play alongside these guys for the years to come is really exciting.

?when you get drafted by this club and they make you feel so welcome, not only myself, but the whole family back in wa, it?s fantastic. You build strong connections with all your teammates and i have some of my best mates here.

?i am bullish on this group and what we can achieve in the years to come. It is a lot of hard work and i know this group is willing to put in every day.?

Bulldogs? General manager of list and recruiting, sam power, couldn?t have been more thrilled to retain naughton for the next nine years.

?aaron is an outstanding player and an exceptional person and there is no doubt this is an exciting day for the club and our members and fans,? Power said.

?we love what aaron brings to this football club each and every day, so it?s fantastic that we?ve been able to agree on a long-term contract extension prior to the start of 2024, alongside his manager andrew mcdougall at corporate sports australia.

?aaron?s re-signing is another strong showing of confidence in the club?s long-term ambitions and culture.

?aaron continues to be a vital leader amongst the group, setting the benchmark on and off the field as the club looks to climb back up the ladder.

?we see aaron as a huge part of the bulldogs? Future, being only 23 years of age, and we?re delighted our supporters can watch him run out for years to come.?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe he signed on for so long with that rabble.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

When do we start planning for his inevitable departure at the end of 2032?

16. Likes bornadog, jeemak, hujsh, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I can't believe he signed on for so long with that rabble.
    and that coach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    and that coach
    Exactly let's not get too excited we still have that coach and no assistants!
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

19. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the back end of that deal is as an assistant coach?

Post Thanks / Like

I’m very happy with this signing though. Gun player. We’re lucky to have him. He’ll help bring us silverware.