Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  119
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Star Dog in talks

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I guess what I'm inferring is that clubs roll the dice and see if they can get enough player and media pressure for a deal to be done. The media is thirsty for trades, as is the AFL. A high profile club figures it can push into a situation with a massive trade and then you have dickheads like Tom Brown openly saying how much they want the Bombers to win Dunkley on national TV because they broke the story.

It's highly speculative but just like in 2020 with Junkley, you get enough of a profile around it and all of a sudden it's real.
    So they make the news and don’t simply report it anymore?

How many clicks would AN to Collingwood get?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

My nephew fell asleep on the table during Bevo's speech.
    I'm getting a little bored of the sulky Bevo persona. He needs to do some yoga or meditation and find the joy in the role again.

3. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    My nephew fell asleep on the table during Bevo's speech.
    I'm getting a little bored of the sulky Bevo persona. He needs to do some yoga or meditation and find the joy in the role again.
    He has fallen out of love with the job, he just hasnt realised it yet

Post Thanks / Like

Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

6. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was just watching the video of his post signing interview, and it had a side on at ground level of his kicking action. Put simply, he just drops the ball too close to his body.

If he aligned over his left as I assume he does, and then concentrated on extending his left/ drop arm forward he'd naturally have to keep over the ball at the drop, providing he still guided the ball down.

This would stop him from leaning back, and would also help the ball hit lower on his laces instead of closer to his shin which results in sprays all over the place.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

8. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Purple was never going to miss if chance

IF ...

I've loved Aaron Naughton's style since his first game in 2018 ...
    THEN ...

I'm also highly dubious about giving him a nine-season contractual commitment through to the end of 2032. Finished a distant ninth in the 2023 best-and-fairest count and in six seasons has placed just once (2022). After a highly embarrassing loss in Melbourne to woeful West Coast in round 22 cost the club a finals berth, the Dogs were desperate to fast-track this deal and announce it at Wednesday's Charles Sutton Medal function.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

IF ...

THEN ...

I'm also highly dubious about giving him a nine-season contractual commitment through to the end of 2032. Finished a distant ninth in the 2023 best-and-fairest count and in six seasons has placed just once (2022). After a highly embarrassing loss in Melbourne to woeful West Coast in round 22 cost the club a finals berth, the Dogs were desperate to fast-track this deal and announce it at Wednesday's Charles Sutton Medal function.
    I hope he doesn't start carrying on like he did with the Boyd deal. He really is a POS.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

IF ...

THEN ...

That's a long bow to draw.

Dammed if you do, damned if you don't. If Naughton had accepted a 10yr offer from Sydney, Collingwood, Essendon or Geelong he'd be sinking the boots into us and singing their praises.
    Last edited by bulldogsthru&thru; 06-10-2023 at 10:40 AM.

13. Likes GVGjr, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

IF ...

THEN ...

Who?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I hope he doesn't start carrying on like he did with the Boyd deal. He really is a POS.
    Of course they will. They will watch with Aaron Naughton voodoo dolls hoping for a serious injury and then rush to a microphone or Twitter to tell the world they were right. Nothing surer. Why people listen to anything these people have to say confuses me. They need someone to ‘punch down’ on and that’s us apparently. Just tune them out until they all line up to say the Tom Boyd trade paid for itself in two hours.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Of course they will. They will watch with Aaron Naughton voodoo dolls hoping for a serious injury and then rush to a microphone or Twitter to tell the world they were right. Nothing surer. Why people listen to anything these people have to say confuses me. They need someone to ‘punch down’ on and that’s us apparently. Just tune them out until they all line up to say the Tom Boyd trade paid for itself in two hours.
    If it was any other club, he wouldn't say anything

Post Thanks / Like

What's more telling about guy's like Barrett, is how easily their narrative can be swayed by confirmation bias.
    I have no doubt that were Sydney able to pull off a 10 yr deal for Naughton, Barrett's column would be nothing more than full of praise for their ability to get their man... and he'd be no doubt lauding their demonstrated ability to pay big money and keep their team together... like with Buddy...

18. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also got a job as a development coach at Airport West apparently.

20. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rubbish. There is no vendetta against us, he would have a crack at anyone. Same with Kane Cornes, it's their schtick.

22. Likes GVGjr, WBFC4FFC liked this post