Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  285
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Melbourne Watch 2023/24

In case anyone gets confused the above is an article by the Betoota Advocate. Satire.

2. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I take that this is a joke by someone with a sense of humor.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    In case anyone gets confused the above is an article by the Betoota Advocate. Satire.
    Man, I was hoping someone would take it seriously!

5. Likes hujsh, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Strip them of the 2021 GF. I don?t remember who they played, but they should get they flag now.
    I'm pretty sure that there was no AFEL grand final in 2021. I certainly don't remember watching it or reading anything about it.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

7. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy for you/sorry this happened
    I still don't get the pearls thing.

Is it bad to have enough money to buy pearls? Like trying to work out how it's an insult.

Please explain

Made me laugh though!
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 27-03-2024 at 07:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Oliver in injury scare at Demons training

Clayton Oliver left Melbourne training early on Wednesday and was sent for scans on a hand injury, as coach Simon Goodwin said backman Jake Lever would play against Port Adelaide in round three despite aggravating his knee last weekend.

This masthead was at Casey Fields on Wednesday when Oliver left training early, grabbing at his right hand and in clear pain.
    A club source, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the injury was believed to be a dislocation that was unlikely to stop him playing, but the club had sent the dynamic midfielder for scans for certainty.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...27-p5ffld.html
    Getting in early this week?
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

10. Likes bornadog, bulldogtragic, Dry Rot, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I still don't get the pearls thing.

Is it bad to have enough money to buy pearls? Like trying to work out how it's an insult.

Please explain

Made me laugh though!
    Yeah it's really bad to own pearls. Did you know that most of the world's pearl trade actually funds criminal activity? Many of those criminals are murderers, some even deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's really bad to own pearls. Did you know that most of the world's pearl trade actually funds criminal activity? Many of those criminals are murderers, some even deal.
    Dude.
    Guess we leave it there on that master piece.

Post Thanks / Like

Dude.
    Guess we leave it there on that master piece.
    Did you actually want me to explain a common phase?

Post Thanks / Like

Did you actually want me to explain a common phase?
    No you good.

I still love ya, not ew though.

I was more confused about the knee jerk to me stating coke dealers probably aren't good dudes.

I'm sure there are some very lovely coke dealers.

My point was, and to get it away from reactionary stuff, to me it is baffling that the AFL is covering up illicit drug use by lying.
    A major sporting organisation is willingly supporting a criminal trade. It's beyond belief.

I was pretty impressed with the AFL smashing it out of the park early.

Wonder what the next play is.

Over to the Wilkie gang who have 0 vested interest right?

I do like that players are protected, just not the BS.

Post Thanks / Like

If I was ASADA I would rock up at training and test all the players just for the fun of it after the news coming to light.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No you good.

I still love ya, not ew though.

I was more confused about the knee jerk to me stating coke dealers probably aren't good dudes.

I'm sure there are some very lovely coke dealers.

My point was, and to get it away from reactionary stuff, to me it is baffling that the AFL is covering up illicit drug use by lying.
    A major sporting organisation is willingly supporting a criminal trade. It's beyond belief.

I was pretty impressed with the AFL smashing it out of the park early.

Wonder what the next play is.

Over to the Wilkie gang who have 0 vested interest right?

I do like that players are protected, just not the BS.
    I don't imagine anyone wants to see players missing games because they used drugs, teams will be missing half their players some weeks. I think the AFL trying to take a 'moral stance' with one part of their policy but ultimately failing at anything but giving them a policy they can point to when the issue is ever brought up has now reached it's expiration date. They've got to accept that the AFL is part of the real world and in the real world men in their 20s do drugs recreationally.

Players will still pretend to be injured if they have drugs in their system on gameday, the AFL will help them in avoiding that. Pretending they have a hard line against drug use, trying to paint themselves as moral bastions and role models for children, that will have to stop. If it wasn't clear as day that wasn't the case before it's completely transparent now.

As for funding 'criminal elements' well, apparently so does tobacco now. And if that's really our concern then we need to storm every nightclub in the CBD shouting about how the people there are giving money to gangs. Hell some of those bars and clubs might be owned by such figures. Can't eat at La Porchetta, can't take our car to the car wash. Actually I should probably cut down on a few things. Can't eat anything from a company owned by Nestle or Mars (small kerfuffle with child slavery), can't use a phone anymore (manufacturing and obtaining the materials are highly unethical, for sure not good guys), actually probably best to apply that to all electronics so goodbye WOOF too, anything I order off of Amazon is right out (though I have no computer to do so). Maybe I can drive to a local market and... nope that means I have to use a car and the fuel in it...

I personally try not to judge people for where they find relief or pleasure. Nothing in this world, the way we've created it, is completely ethical or free of cost.

18. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes merantau, jeemak, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On the face of it, I don't actually have much of a problem with this.

Some players who are known by their doctors to take drugs (have possibly even had a strike) receive extra tests to ensure that they do not test positive on game day - as this would result in a lengthy suspension. Isn't that overall a good thing, for the player who gets to receive extra education in private?

Some clarifying questions:

- do WASA/ASADA have rules against illicit substances use outside of game day? I think the answer is no.

- how do they choose which players receive the tests? Why did Joel Smith, Sam Murray, Lachie Keeffe etc not get these tests? Do only 'high profile's players get them?

- how many extended absences could be explained by these tests? I can think of one very lengthy hamstring injury last year....

20. Likes Happy Days, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    On the face of it, I don't actually have much of a problem with this.

Some players who are known by their doctors to take drugs (have possibly even had a strike) receive extra tests to ensure that they do not test positive on game day - as this would result in a lengthy suspension. Isn't that overall a good thing, for the player who gets to receive extra education in private?

Some clarifying questions:

- do WASA/ASADA have rules against illicit substances use outside of game day? I think the answer is no.

- how do they choose which players receive the tests? Why did Joel Smith, Sam Murray, Lachie Keeffe etc not get these tests? Do only 'high profile's players get them?

- how many extended absences could be explained by these tests? I can think of one very lengthy hamstring injury last year....
    Personally I think they should turf it . If your earn that much money and don’t understand the consequences of doing drugs bad luck.
    They are well educated when they enter the system and all through school.
    If you get caught having drugs in your system before or after a game suffer the consequences.
    Bring back the biff

22. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I test positive at work. I'm out the door short term and probably fired. I'm sick of the throw away lines like "Everyone does it" It's illegal, if the AFL throw the book at these idiots doing this crap good for them. I encourage a hard stance.