Thanks Thanks:  42
Likes Likes:  153
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Draft Day 2 & Rookie Draft

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Watching the replay.

Dodo calls someone. Gets a message on the call. Relays it out to one of his guys. The guy says no and shakes his head to that message. Dodo relays that and the call ends.

I wonder who that call was to and what was discussed?
    I was stunned that the telecast didn't pick up that he was talking to the dogs. The whole footy world knew in that moment that they were going to take Lual. It is what they do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I was stunned that the telecast didn't pick up that he was talking to the dogs. The whole footy world knew in that moment that they were going to take Lual. It is what they do.
    And the Bummers left it to under a minute before the nomination. Nasty buggers.

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Yep. I wonder how DoDo the threat was?

45, 47, F2 and rights to Cooney & West with Bont & Naughton next trade period?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like my phone is trolling me with articles like this. Yesterday it was all about the genius Dodo trading up 1 spot. Now it's how smart and cunning it is to take an academy player at 39.

https://amp.nine.com.au/article/0622...f-7672e6cb3138

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I feel like my phone is trolling me with articles like this. Yesterday it was all about the genius Dodo trading up 1 spot. Now it's how smart and cunning it is to take an academy player at 39.

Wait for two years when their fans want him banished from the club for his genius… as usual.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But you don't get it. He knew the rules. No one here knew the rules. It takes a decade of study to acquire hidden knowledge like that. Because I haven't done it I've already forgotten what the rule is.

You think it's not genius just coincidentally having pick 39 when the AFL arbitrary cut off is pick 40?

Post Thanks / Like

Dodo traded up ahead to get a player that we don't even know if Geelong wanted and bid on a player that couldn't be matched, list management masterclass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Dodo traded up ahead to get a player that we don't even know if Geelong wanted and bid on a player that couldn't be matched, list management masterclass.
    Only if they are the players who deserve to go at those picks . It’s not masterclass if he just took them to spite others and they aren’t actually that good. You could say he was sucked in.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I think it's neither as good nor as bad as people are saying. Geelong probably auctioned off Caddy knowing there was interest from multiple clubs and Essendon paid essentially a second round pick for those rights. Whether they overpaid or not is hard to say and ultimately Caddy is the one who has final say on if the price was right or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    But you don't get it. He knew the rules. No one here knew the rules. It takes a decade of study to acquire hidden knowledge like that. Because I haven't done it I've already forgotten what the rule is.

You think it's not genius just coincidentally having pick 39 when the AFL arbitrary cut off is pick 40?
    When you win 15 consecutive trade weeks and national drafts (make that 16), it really is a Dodo world and we are privileged to be living in it and breathing the same rarefied air.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

The saints are certainly building towards another awesome culture under Lyon. With Philipou last year and now Collard and Schoenmaker, they're certainly going to have their hands full keeping everyone in check. That's 3 players which were highly rated but slid down the order due to off field or personality issues. Taking a gamble on 1 is something but having 3 could be fireworks.

14. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The saints are certainly building towards another awesome culture under Lyon. With Philipou last year and now Collard and Schoenmaker, they're certainly going to have their hands full keeping everyone in check. That's 3 players which were highly rated but slid down the order due to off field or personality issues. Taking a gamble on 1 is something but having 3 could be fireworks.
    What was the knock on Schoenmaker? Why did he slide so far?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    He got a 10 game ban for supplying alcohol to his u18 team mates.

He's seemed to have learnt from it but by all reports on talent he should have been a 1st round or early 2nd round selection. The fact he fell to almost 60 might indicate clubs saw some holes in his interview. An interesting one.

17. Thanks Axe Man thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    He got a 10 game ban for supplying alcohol to his u18 team mates.

He's seemed to have learnt from it but by all reports on talent he should have been a 1st round or early 2nd round selection. The fact he fell to almost 60 might indicate clubs saw some holes in his interview. An interesting one.
    There were also rumors he was bullying someone with a disability. That's less clear/certain than the ban but may help explain how he went that low

19. Thanks bulldogsthru&thru, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    There were also rumors he was bullying someone with a disability. That's less clear/certain than the ban but may help explain how he went that low
    This tells me more about his personality than buying drinks for 17yo teammates (which most 18yo boys would do). Sounds like he has the tools to be a good player - let's see if he ends up Daniel Talia or Michael Talia.