Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6

View Poll Results: The issues at Melbourne are:

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Footy based - they'll be right (top 4 in 24)

0 0%
  • Cultural - They'll be OK though and finish top 4

3 18.75%
  • Cultural - They WONT be OK and will battle to make the finals

8 50.00%
  • I don't care about Melbourne and I hate Max Gawn

5 31.25%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The issues at Melbourne are:

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    It has to be a bit of both doesn't it? I mean the issues with Oliver are constantly plastered all over the media, same goes with Smith and now his possible 2 year ban, then they have Hunter, how has he fit into their culture, as a player he looks fine, playing as well as he did with us.

Then you have the coach and the Elephant in the room with the talk of his issues away from the club, or are they? Plus to come out and be so disappointed in what was going on with Smith to say he hasn't bothered talking to him about what was going on because he was too angry to me, lacks leadership, in fact i personally think that was piss weak especially as the coach of the side.

Add in losing Burgess i reckon a massive loss as their fitness was off the charts in '21, plus other teams working out how to play them, cut off their run from the outside, they don't have the big dominant forwards who can bash and crash so again, teams may have worked out how to stop the mid and smaller forwards and not allow them to spread as easy as they did in 2021, the backline still as good as ever, as long as May and Lever are up and running, no drama's there.
    Spot on about the coach. I think that a lot of the issues come back to him. If teams are a reflection of the coaches character/personality then it's hardly surprising that the Dees are self satisfied and arrogant. That's OK if you're getting the job done but Melbourne keep failing when the pressure get applies.

That along with the personal issues that appear to be prevalent throughout the club are their biggest problem.

They won't improve or realise their potential while Goodwin is in the coaches box.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Spot on about the coach. I think that a lot of the issues come back to him. If teams are a reflection of the coaches character/personality then it's hardly surprising that the Dees are self satisfied and arrogant. That's OK if you're getting the job done but Melbourne keep failing when the pressure get applies.

That along with the personal issues that appear to be prevalent throughout the club are their biggest problem.

They won't improve or realise their potential while Goodwin is in the coaches box.
    Agree with this Td. Goodwin was a "lad" when he was a lad. He is still a "lad". If you believe some of the scuttlebut.

Post Thanks / Like

Their 2021 premiership annoyed me for obvious reasons, but not the least was the fact that it masked all Melbourne's obvious cultural problems that Glen Bartlett was trying to clean up in the 2020 off-season. If we didn't crap the bed for those 8 minutes of mayhem in the 3rd qtr, we would have destroyed Melbourne completely before they even got a chance for silverware.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

4. Likes GVGjr, EasternWest, Testekill, Dry Rot liked this post