Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  53
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The world has gone so soft: AFL to no longer reveal player weights, declares it inappropriate

I'm a boomer and we grew up without mobile phones and uber eats that's how we keep lean if you wanted to eat you had to go to your groceries not the other way around.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Likes chef, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The world has gone so soft: AFL to no longer reveal player weights, declares it inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I'm a boomer and we grew up without mobile phones and uber eats that's how we keep lean if you wanted to eat you had to go to your groceries not the other way around.
    Such a boomer thing to say...

Ha ok this is fun.

I'm the worlds biggest nerd, like seriously, however I grew up with sport sport sport sport sport and the local kids played footy every night in the park opposite my house in the winter, and cricket in the summer. I was ashamed by my lack of weight not the opposite.
    As I sit here navigating Link through the forests of Hyrule I ponder : "Where did it all go wrong?"

4. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say I think it's a really good idea. As a pretty 'heavy' guy, I think we need less focus on weight as a marker of anything useful about people's bodies. For that reason, ditching public reference to player weights is a good thing.

EDIT: Actually on second thoughts I'm not going to post my original anecdote, it will be perceived as too inflammatory in this thread I suspect.

6. Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I have to say I think it's a really good idea. As a pretty 'heavy' guy, I think we need less focus on weight as a marker of anything useful about people's bodies. For that reason, ditching public reference to player weights is a good thing.

EDIT: Actually on second thoughts I'm not going to post my original anecdote, it will be perceived as too inflammatory in this thread I suspect.
    It will eliminate any weight based prejudice.

Or it will make the AFL look good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It will eliminate any weight based prejudice.

Or it will make the AFL look good.
    Why do you want to know what a player weighs?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Why do you want to know what a player weighs?
    Why don't you?

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you?
    I asked first.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I asked first.
    Good point.

I couldn't give a fat rats toss bag about players weights.

It's the cancel culture I hate.

We probably should cancel height too.

Then Caleb will be protected.

Wow, Caleb is the same height as Justin Madden. I have no idea how to tell now there's no official stats.

Removing the weights actually gives WEIGHT to the insane notion that this is somehow a measure of your humanity.

12. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes D Mitchell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good point.

I couldn't give a fat rats toss bag about players weights.

It's the cancel culture I hate.

We probably should cancel height too.

Then Caleb will be protected.

Wow, Caleb is the same height as Justin Madden. I have no idea how to tell now there's no official stats.

Removing the weights actually gives WEIGHT to the insane notion that this is somehow a measure of your humanity.
    Woop woop woop catchphrase alert
    "It's over. It's all over."

14. Likes jeemak, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Woop woop woop catchphrase alert
    I'll cancel you, leftist commie hippy soap dodger (I've run out)

Hey btw I send you a DM with a clip. Respond or I'll be hurt.

16. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    ...I'm not going to post my original anecdote, it will be perceived as too inflammatory in this thread I suspect.
    Aw, come on, you can't do that ! I won't be able to sleep tonight thinking what your anecdote might be. I have an early morning operation, delicate brain surgery, on a Marcus Bontempelli tomorrow, one slip of the scalpel and he'll have the mind of Toby Green. Spill it, the more inflammatory, the better.

18. Likes EasternWest liked this post