Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  32
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: D Hannebery - time does not heal all wounds

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Same as living in Yarraville. Although there was one kid around the corner who was related to a Melbourne player called Gary Hardiman who is the only Melbourne supporter who was a friend of mine.
    There’s a full on Max Gawn mural in Yarraville on the side of a house near the train station that I’ve been trying to work up the courage to cap for 3 years.

There was also that bozo that hung a bunch of professionally made Dees banners on the side of his $3m house on Stephen St before the 2021 GF that thought he would bear no consequences.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes Twodogs, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

that Bozo has just spent a fortune on a renovation

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    There’s a full on Max Gawn mural in Yarraville on the side of a house near the train station that I’ve been trying to work up the courage to cap for 3 years.

There was also that bozo that hung a bunch of professionally made Dees banners on the side of his $3m house on Stephen St before the 2021 GF that thought he would bear no consequences.
    I haven't seen the Gawn mural.
    I'll check it out.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone remember Hannebery's father Matt who played 32 games at Footscray between 1986 and 1990?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Anyone remember Hannebery's father Matt who played 32 games at Footscray between 1986 and 1990?
    Yes. No 36. In and out. Half back, from memory, it was a long time ago. He came to us from Old Xavs and went back and coached his old club after finishing up with us. He was related to Tony Hannebery, President of Williamstown around that time. From memory, on that fightback Sunday in 1989 at Western Oval when Peter Gordon pulled out his master stroke, calling on the players and the "Board" to come on to the Oval then announced "We have the players and our Board, now all we need is some money ", Tony was named as club president. Great motivation and the revival was on. So the Hannebery family has a bit of history with the club. We should go easy on Dan.

7. Likes bornadog, EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D Mitchell View Post
    Yes. No 36. In and out. Half back, from memory, it was a long time ago. He came to us from Old Xavs and went back and coached his old club after finishing up with us. He was related to Tony Hannebery, President of Williamstown around that time. From memory, on that fightback Sunday in 1989 at Western Oval when Peter Gordon pulled out his master stroke, calling on the players and the "Board" to come on to the Oval then announced "We have the players and our Board, now all we need is some money ", Tony was named as club president. Great motivation and the revival was on. So the Hannebery family has a bit of history with the club. We should go easy on Dan.
    Thanks, didn't realise Tony was a relation as well.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen the Gawn mural.
    I'll check it out.
    Right after you pop down to Bunnings for a few cans of spray paint that are for a totally unrelated purpose?

10. Likes bornadog, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Right after you pop down to Bunnings for a few cans of spray paint that are for a totally unrelated purpose?
    If anyone asks I'm thinking of taking up huffing aerosols.

12. Thanks Axe Man, chef thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone asks I'm thinking of taking up huffing aerosols.

14. Likes EasternWest, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah - chronic hamstring issues cursed him if I remember correctly - always looked like he was a good player and could have been even better

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bought some raffle tickets from him for the players' end of season trip fund at a district cricket match at the Western Oval back in the late '80s.

Post Thanks / Like

You make your own luck, Swans should have considered not taking multiple injured players into the grand final who ended up accomplishing barely anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    You make your own luck, Swans should have considered not taking multiple injured players into the grand final who ended up accomplishing barely anything.
    We took a gamble taking injured players into the finals and Morris had a broken back .
    The swans injuries happened during the game.
    The Franklin one was very minor but the media jumped on it so they could use at as an excuse if they lost and how heroic he was if they won.
    Kennedy was knocked out a game or two before IIRC and he was their best player by a country mile.
    We had more under done players going into the finals but it was a godsend as they were fresh had nothing to lose and gave it their all.
    Basically we played as a tight knit team which Richmond and the Pies have taken on board since.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    You make your own luck
    Yep, as one of my old bosses once said to me "excuses are boring". Total loser's limp mentality. When the whips were cracking with 10 minutes to go in the GF, we won every single contest that mattered. Fark him and fark the Swans, we got the chocolates and glory will be ours forever.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

21. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    We took a gamble taking injured players into the finals and Morris had a broken back .
    The swans injuries happened during the game.
    The Franklin one was very minor but the media jumped on it so they could use at as an excuse if they lost and how heroic he was if they won.
    Kennedy was knocked out a game or two before IIRC and he was their best player by a country mile.
    We had more under done players going into the finals but it was a godsend as they were fresh had nothing to lose and gave it their all.
    Basically we played as a tight knit team which Richmond and the Pies have taken on board since.
    Mills & McGlynn were both bought back in despite clearly not being recovered. It was pure arrogance to bring in multiple underdone players into a grand final, we were beaten up but cracked in the entire time.